Noisy protests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Jup both volumtary and unvolumtary, in this country and other the picture is always the same, the media always writes it's the right that is soo evil, but exeptions there (there are some pretty violent right wing groups) it's more often sad looking right wingers being attacked by left counter protest most commonly known as ''anti fascist'' who in turn often thing left wing mass killer and communist are the greatest of all time.

So, you were forced into going to a march/protest? How does that work?

I guess you're going with Stalin for the communist thing. He was quite obviously a c*nt. Or Pol Pot? Also, quite obviously a c*nt.

So, you were forced into going to a march/protest? How does that work?

I guess you're going with Stalin for the communist thing. He was quite obviously a c*nt. Or Pol Pot? Also, quite obviously a c*nt.
To remind you your question was ''have you even been to a protest'' now you change it to have you ever participated, those are two different things.
So no i wasn't forced into any protest but i have come into the situation where it was better to wait until the protest was over.

Staling was indeed a communist serial killer, but so was Pol pot, Che cheuava and so further and so forth. and at most (far) left protest those famous red flags almost always turn up.

FishFright

To remind you your question was ''have you even been to a protest'' now you change it to have you ever participated, those are two different things.
So no i wasn't forced into any protest but i have come into the situation where it was better to wait until the protest was over.

Staling was indeed a communist serial killer, but so was Pol pot, Che cheuava and so further and so forth. and at most (far) left protest those famous red flags almost always turn up.

Those far right fascists regimes have such a lovely record on human rights.......

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Those far right fascists regimes have such a lovely record on human rights.......

In reality is there no moral high/low ground wrt fascism, whether it originates from the far right or the far left.

In this respect I agree with the gist of what Jonah Goldberg said in this quote: "Fascism, properly understood, is not a phenomenon of the right at all. Instead, it is, and always has been, a phenomenon of the left. This fact – an inconvenient truth if ever there was one – is obscured in our time by the equally mistaken belief that fascism and communism are opposites. In reality, they are closely related, historical competitors for the same constituents, seeking to dominate and control the same social space.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I see theres more C bombs being dropped in this thread to…….why???

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
In reality is there no moral high/low ground wrt fascism, whether it originates from the far right or the far left.

In this respect I agree with the gist of what Jonah Goldberg said in this quote: "Fascism, properly understood, is not a phenomenon of the right at all. Instead, it is, and always has been, a phenomenon of the left. This fact – an inconvenient truth if ever there was one – is obscured in our time by the equally mistaken belief that fascism and communism are opposites. In reality, they are closely related, historical competitors for the same constituents, seeking to dominate and control the same social space.

That is interesting. Some months ago I mentioned my interpretation that "Right" and "left" were not really a linear concept, but, at the extremes were more circular in nature. I was shouted down. I still think it however. ;)

Rusty Nails

Country Member
That is interesting. Some months ago I mentioned my interpretation that "Right" and "left" were not really a linear concept, but, at the extremes were more circular in nature. I was shouted down. I still think it however. ;)

I tend to go for diametrically opposite sides of a circle, which can be linear or circular, but which can rotate over time. But linear is much more simple to argue.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I see theres more C bombs being dropped in this thread to…….why???

I prefer the Tom Jones version ...Sex Bomb.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
does a circle have "sides" ?

A two dimensional circle, yes, and a top/bottom, depending on which perspective you are looking at it from. There is no definitive need afaik for a "side" to be a straight line.

I could have said diametrically opposite arcs of a circle but everyone would have understood the meaning just as well. Did you understand what I meant? If not I apologise for confusing you.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
A two dimensional circle, yes, and a top/bottom, depending on which perspective you are looking at it from. There is no definitive need afaik for a "side" to be a straight line.

I could have said diametrically opposite arcs of a circle but everyone would have understood the meaning just as well. Did you understand what I meant? If not I apologise for confusing you.

I admit, I have no idea what you are talking about. No need to apologise.

Top Bottom