New Covid Variant (Omicron). two cases found in UK

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
we have tickets to see what's left of Queen at the O2 next year that's been cancelled twice.

Look, she's an old lady well into her nineties, and whatever you think about hereditary monarchy .

(Personally I think it's pants)

You could show a little more respect to your seniors.

Mr Puggy, who I'm not.

Well you say that...

And I'm certain Mr Puggy and Shep could have some terrific doggy adventures together...

Whilst wearing masks of course.

Ian H

Guru
In a Devonshire museum. You can remove the tape after purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_20211128_145455861.jpg
    IMG_20211128_145455861.jpg
    235.3 KB · Views: 14

Julia9054

Regular
Did a concert last Saturday. 2 brass bands sharing the stage plus sold out audience in a school with minimal ventilation. I thought bloody hell, this is a superspreader event and sure enough, 3 members of the band have gone down with covid this week. I have been LFTing every day and seem to have escaped so far.

Did a concert last Saturday. 2 brass bands sharing the stage plus sold out audience in a school with minimal ventilation. I thought bloody hell, this is a superspreader event and sure enough, 3 members of the band have gone down with covid this week. I have been LFTing every day and seem to have escaped so far.

Now it's finally turned cold ventilation is going to be an issue. A colleague throws a sash window open as soon as she arrives 'for covid ventilation'.
Been OK so far but there's going to be an argument as other people sit much closer to the sash than she does.

mjr

Now it's finally turned cold ventilation is going to be an issue. A colleague throws a sash window open as soon as she arrives 'for covid ventilation'.
Been OK so far but there's going to be an argument as other people sit much closer to the sash than she does.
A wise government would have zero-taxed (as health equipment or climate change positive) and maybe incentivised heat recovery ventilation kit by this time last year and have equipped schools with it by now, rather than encouraging sleepwalking off this cliff.

mudsticks

Squire

I've got one of those in my classes, stomps about opening every possible aperture, for ventilation.

Which is sort of fair enough.

But as you say is going to make it very chilly over winter.

Especially at the heating is cranked up and disappears out of the windows.

It's a difficult thing to 'compromise' over though.
🤔

mudsticks

Squire
In a Devonshire museum. You can remove the tape after purchase.
View attachment 283

'Museum' is doing quite a lot of heavy lifting in that sentence. :rolleyes:

Prey tell where?

So as I can avoid :laugh:

mjr

I couldn't care less what you like or don't like doing, I think what I like doing masks and social distancing ruin it, whether it hinders you is of no consequence to me.
Whatever 'sporting event ' you went to may not have been affected but so what?
Well, right back at you. So your shows were not enjoyable for you, but if it's a choice between shep's enjoyment and people's lives, why should anyone put your enjoyment first? Especially when your enjoyment is so weak that the tiny change of covering your lower face and sitting by an empty a seat is enough to ruin it!

What's this s**t about fools and play acting?
If it's in a stadium, it's a performance, not a sport.

What on Xmas eve?

Bit cold for me but you might be a hardier soul.
We don't do cold on the coast for more than a few days a year. Skipping those few days would be better than keeping indoor drinking and causing months more lockdown.

And on Christmas Eve, I'll be on my way to friends, unless you personal-space-invading indoor drinking softies mess it up for us again!

mjr

It's a difficult thing to 'compromise' over though.
🤔
I think official guidance is windows open for 10 minutes per hour. See if they'll accept something near that? Landing up at the docs with a chill isn't covid-safe.

Or keep your coat on, take a hot water bottle and a flask to refill it from, shut the heating off and see who cracks first!

mudsticks

Squire
I think official guidance is windows open for 10 minutes per hour. See if they'll accept something near that? Landing up at the docs with a chill isn't covid-safe.

Or keep your coat on, take a hot water bottle and a flask to refill it from, shut the heating off and see who cracks first!

Well thanks I didn't know that.

If it's 'official' and I can find it on a gov website then it might persuade.

Being really a rather active class , coats, flask and hot water bottles aren't really an option.

And the heating doesn't appear to be adjustable, well not by me anyway :wacko:

swansonj

Regular
..... Especially when your enjoyment is so weak that the tiny change of covering your lower face and sitting by an empty a seat is enough to ruin it!....
This. There are people I am dealing with who regard having to wear a mask, or take a LFT for an event with food where masks are not possible, as too big an ask and prefer not to come to really quite significant events for our organisation. Such (to my eyes) disproportion makes you wonder how much they are just looking for an excuse to make a point.

D

Deleted member 28

Well, right back at you. So your shows were not enjoyable for you, but if it's a choice between shep's enjoyment and people's lives, why should anyone put your enjoyment first? Especially when your enjoyment is so weak that the tiny change of covering your lower face and sitting by an empty a seat is enough to ruin it!

If it's in a stadium, it's a performance, not a sport.

We don't do cold on the coast for more than a few days a year. Skipping those few days would be better than keeping indoor drinking and causing months more lockdown.

And on Christmas Eve, I'll be on my way to friends, unless you personal-space-invading indoor drinking softies mess it up for us again!
Only cold a few days in the year, must be lovely!

Still can't understand the bit about not being a sport if it's in a Stadium.
Rugby, Football, Athletics?

D

Deleted member 28

This. There are people I am dealing with who regard having to wear a mask, or take a LFT for an event with food where masks are not possible, as too big an ask and prefer not to come to really quite significant events for our organisation. Such (to my eyes) disproportion makes you wonder how much they are just looking for an excuse to make a point.
At least they're staying away which is reducing the risk even more, same here.

I'm not there moaning about it I just wouldn't go, can't see the problem myself?

Top Bottom