NACA Political Jokes Page

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Depends whether the joke's making a valid political point, or whether you're just trying to get an irritated, knee-jerk response out of certain people.

Y'know, like you just did with me... :tongue:.
Like the thoughtful, structured 'jokes' that come the Tories or Johnson's way?

You people crease me, you really do.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Like the thoughtful, structured 'jokes' that come the Tories or Johnson's way?

You people crease me, you really do.
Why do you assume that's what I mean?

Although most, if not all, of the of the snipes pointed at Johnson/Brexit/Tories in general do tend to be pretty much on the nose...

1640184011911.png

D

Deleted member 28

Although most, if not all, of the of the snipes pointed at Johnson/Brexit/Tories in general do tend to be pretty much on the nose...

View attachment 418
There you go, 2 pi$$ed up blokes in a park.
How much in depth knowledge of politics does it take to post that up?
Brilliant!

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
There you go, 2 pi$$ed up blokes in a park.
How much in depth knowledge of politics does it take to post that up?
Brilliant!
Doesn't need any in-depth political knowledge to satirise the Tories as having illegal piss-ups when all the rest of us were locking down and going through hell on earth.

In exactly the same way, a meme satirising a poltical leader as being hugely unpopular, talking rubbish and not having the support of their electorate would also be on the nose and funny. If it was actually correct on any of those counts.

Do you see?

fozy tornip

fozympotent
This shouldn't be necessary, and is getting a bit remedial, frankly, but this doesn't work not because it's Sturgeon on the receiving end but because it's dully tautological; the text merely repeats the visuals. I suppose it could be marginally worse if it read "Sturgeon's deaf signer invites her to fark off".
There may be text that could render this funny, and had the originator troubled to think of something we could at least applaud the effort, but what appears isn't. And why 'even' the sign lady; are sign ladies known for the mildness of their political opinions making this an egregious and hilarious departure from normal sign lady deportment?
This fails on every level.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
This shouldn't be necessary, and is getting a bit remedial, frankly, but this doesn't work not because it's Sturgeon on the receiving end but because it's dully tautological; the text merely repeats the visuals. I suppose it could be marginally worse if it read "Sturgeon's deaf signer invites her to fark off".
There may be text that could render this funny, and had the originator troubled to think of something we could at least applaud the effort, but what appears isn't. And why 'even' the sign lady; are sign ladies known for the mildness of their political opinions making this an egregious and hilarious departure from normal sign lady deportment?
This fails on every level.
The Metro version is a bit more subtle.

fozy tornip

fozympotent

View attachment 418
And this isn't much better when, with the merest smidgen of creative jouissance you could have replaced the text with something like "Can we leave the Northern Ireland protocol to another time, Boris? I've a long drive to Barnard Castle tomorrow, and can't seem to shake this bastard cold?"

Last edited:

swansonj

Regular
I am perfectly happy to say that, while I didn't laugh out loud, Shep's sign-language funny definitely made me smile, enough to pass my phone over to my wife to show her. It didn't really bother me whether the joke was directed at a politician I like or a politician I loath, and I didn't devote even a millisecond to thinking whether the caption could have been cleverer. Isn't the humour about how sign language can include rude gestures and really nothing much to do with which politician is involved? I feel a bit sorry for Shep for the reaction he has received, and it takes quite a bit to do that.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
IMO it is ridiculous, and living up to some of the critical comments on the original forum, for this forum to even consider criticising political jokes, unless they are blatantly racist, homophobic or sexist. And the post in question was none of those.

mudsticks

Squire
I am perfectly happy to say that, while I didn't laugh out loud, Shep's sign-language funny definitely made me smile, enough to pass my phone over to my wife to show her. It didn't really bother me whether the joke was directed at a politician I like or a politician I loath, and I didn't devote even a millisecond to thinking whether the caption could have been cleverer. Isn't the humour about how sign language can include rude gestures and really nothing much to do with which politician is involved? I feel a bit sorry for Shep for the reaction he has received, and it takes quite a bit to do that.

You started on the sherry already??

I'm still in a cold barn bagging brassicas..

Surplus, and unfounded sympathies are in short supply right now..

But hey another hour should do it.

Then I'll see if I can find where I put my bonhomie and seasonal goodwill to all persons.

:rolleyes:

FishFright

That was a long stretch from a crappy "joke" to acceptable humour. But I applaud the effort.

swansonj

Regular
You started on the sherry already??

I'm still in a cold barn bagging brassicas..

Surplus, and unfounded sympathies are in short supply right now..

But hey another hour should do it.

Then I'll see if I can find where I put my bonhomie and seasonal goodwill to all persons.

:rolleyes:
I loath sherry.

But the last couple of evenings I have rediscovered our port bottle. Maybe the time has come for me to go and hit it this evening...^_^^_^

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Agreed, and to think, elsewhere we were discussing people learning and possibly changing their view point. They can’t even smile together.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I loath sherry.

But the last couple of evenings I have rediscovered our port bottle. Maybe the time has come for me to go and hit it this evening...^_^^_^

I have a surplus of Port at the moment, all four daughters bought me a bottle each recently. It will be hard work, but, I will finish them ;)

I acquired a taste for dry sherry too, whilst working in Spain. ;)

Hic

Top Bottom