Latest terrorist attack.

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Unlike some of your neighbours, if the historical animosity to the religious community in Bugbrooke is anything to go by.
Christian Fundamentalists. What a nasty bunch, despoiling this great country. We don't want their sort here. Send em back where they came from....Oh, hang on a minute.

Unlike some of your neighbours, if the historical animosity to the religious community in Bugbrooke is anything to go by.

That would be the former religious community.

It seems that the elders expectation of abstinence/celibacy amongst the brethren did not extend to themselves and that multiple claims for abuse have emerged.

# Me To sort of thing.

mjr

It seems that the elders expectation of abstinence/celibacy amongst the brethren did not extend to themselves and that multiple claims for abuse have emerged.
As I failed to write earlier, I suspect the animosity may not have been much to do with religion. Different types of Christian (which used to be 90+% of the religion around there) seemed to me to get along OK in those villages. Not far away in MK, five branches (Anglican, Baptist, Methodist, Roman Catholic and United Reformed) have shared the Church of Christ the Cornerstone for 30ish years and a corner of the library block for 10 before that and rooms at Centrecom behind it before that.

As I failed to write earlier, I suspect the animosity may not have been much to do with religion. Different types of Christian (which used to be 90+% of the religion around there) seemed to me to get along OK in those villages. Not far away in MK, five branches (Anglican, Baptist, Methodist, Roman Catholic and United Reformed) have shared the Church of Christ the Cornerstone for 30ish years and a corner of the library block for 10 before that and rooms at Centrecom behind it before that.

I've lived here since 1990. At the time we moved I might have been peripherally aware of reports of a Northampton 'cult' but only got to see the scope of the Church's activity after we'd lived here a while. The local outdoor shop, White and Bishop, was a Church business which explained why the younger female staff were always unmade up and modestly dressed.

We were aware that some people were members of the church and of how it pooled resources etc. I think Church people kept to themselves so there was little mixing but I've never been aware of real animosity though that's not to say it didn't happen. Vehicular comings and goings associated with Church businesses for example might have been a concern.

There was an interesting 'diversity' point one year. Part of an exercise in SATS tests involved a scenario with a TV ad. If you come from a community that doesn't 'do' TV then you might be at a disadvantage.

All wound down now and the buildings are being put to different uses; one is to be a wedding venue.

Top Bottom