Jubilee - celebrate, ignore or bemoan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

It's generally considered poor form to use a military rank after retirement (but not Dr., as you doubtless know).
You appear to have missed what I was alluding to.
I take a general interest in what goes on around me and in the wider world, and even have opinions about stuff.

I obviously have missed your point, I didn't know it was bad form so thank you for that, I also have opinions on things but unlike you I don't really see if some old geezer who no doubt fought for something he believed in wants to hang on to a bit of pride I should think ill of him.

But hey, thats just me.

D

Deleted member 28

You think I only ever talk to people who agree with me..??

Only read stuff written by people who agree with me
On here?, yes pretty much.

Last edited by a moderator:

slowmotion

I've got a couple of friends in similar field who have received honours for same kind of work..

They keep very quiet about it unless a request from them with their letters afterwards will get them an audience with a particularly influential person...

I think the likelihood of me even getting offered one is very scant.

But I promise you if, I did I wouldn't..:angel:

If you see what I mean..

I think a heraldic crest on your Allis Chalmers would go down a storm.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
On here?, yes pretty much.

This doesn't make sense.

@mudsticks clearly doesn't agree with pretty much anything that you post on here, but at least has the grace to respond to you, whereas you don't, and delight in the fact that "you lot" don't agree with what you have to say and that we're some sort of frothing bowl of woke.

I can only speak for myself, but I just don't get your angle. You've repeatedly said that you don't give a toss and you're just here to stop this being an echo chamber. But you don't, just trot out the same sort of thing in one way or another. Why bother?

There are posters on here, @AuroraSaab for example, who's views on gender I disagree with, but they've put their points across in ways that I've not considered and have made me think about my own.

Hell, there was quite a lot of what @Pale Rider contributed which I thought was ridiculous twaddle, but there were times when he totally changed my point of view.

mudsticks

Squire
It's generally considered poor form to use a military rank after retirement (but not Dr., as you doubtless know).
I take a general interest in what goes on around me and in the wider world, and even have opinions about stuff.

Not you as well Ian.. :eek:

Where will it end.??

Before you know it everyone will be wanting to have an opinion.. :blink:

mudsticks

Squire
This doesn't make sense.

@mudsticks clearly doesn't agree with pretty much anything that you post on here, but at least has the grace to respond to you, whereas you don't, and delight in the fact that "you lot" don't agree with what you have to say and that we're some sort of frothing bowl of woke.

I can only speak for myself, but I just don't get your angle. You've repeatedly said that you don't give a toss and you're just here to stop this being an echo chamber. But you don't, just trot out the same sort of thing in one way or another. Why bother?

There are posters on here, @AuroraSaab for example, who's views on gender I disagree with, but they've put their points across in ways that I've not considered and have made me think about my own.

Hell, there was quite a lot of what @Pale Rider contributed which I thought was ridiculous twaddle, but there were times when he totally changed my point of view.

I don't get it either .

It's just endless

"Not everyone shares your opinion"

But not actual substance of a different viewpoint, just "It's all bollix, I don't care"

A view you can get pretty much anywhere, on t'internet, and off of it

As if that might have escaped our notice.

I wish someone would explain to dear old Sheppy that this is a News and Current Affairs Discussion Forum.
Where we discuss and debate..

Wait for it..

News and Current Affairs .!!!

Differing viewpoints are the whole point of it..

The fact that these viewpoints might differ in slightly more nuanced ways than

"I'm right, you're wrong, end of"

seems to have eluded the poor chap..

But I think the explanation might come better from someone other than me :laugh:
Despite being a farmer, I'm really more of a cat person ...

Anyway talking of differing viewpoints..
Looking forward to a bit of this kind of thing quite soon :smile:

Must focus on preparations...:hello:

IMG_20220508_214039_119.jpg

Not to be confused with her sister, Judith....

mudsticks

Squire

Nice, I like the long open frame of it so you can see what you're doing, all round..

And the colour 🧡

But I'd at least want a rollbar, on these slopes.

My newer tractor is driving me slightly nuts atm with the lack of visibility when attaching implements.

But I'm enjoying the 4wd drive aspect of it for loader work..

Can't have everything I guess 🤔

slowmotion

Nice, I like the long open frame of it so you can see what you're doing, all round..

And the colour 🧡

But I'd at least want a rollbar, on these slopes.

My newer tractor is driving me slightly nuts atm with the lack of visibility when attaching implements.

But I'm enjoying the 4wd drive aspect of it for loader work..

Can't have everything I guess 🤔

When you have a spare moment, please post a picture. I've been a fan of tractors and other industrial plant ever since I gazed in awe at the tower cranes building Hampshire County Council's offices when I was little more than a toddler.

mudsticks

Squire
When you have a spare moment, please post a picture. I've been a fan of tractors and other industrial plant ever since I gazed in awe at the tower cranes building Hampshire County Council's offices when I was little more than a toddler.
Oh but I already did..
In the good news thread .

Here..

Pick up hitch fixed..

And new loader brackets welded up ^_^

Just in time for muck spreading :smile:

View attachment 1177
And here..

Filth alert... 😳

View attachment 1178

Please don't let you self awareness epiphany lead you to joining the Tories..

These things can be tooken too far
Thing is, I don't want to overdo it..

All these red blooded males about the place might get terribly over excited and crash their bicycles into trees or sumthin awful like that .

I couldn't bear that on my conscience..😇

Anyhoo look at the time ...
Another long day tomorrow. 🚜🌱💃🐞🌱🌱🌱💜💚

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Generally considered “poor form” by whom? Not by a group of tradiontionalist gammons by chance?

Top Bottom