Jubilee - celebrate, ignore or bemoan?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Why doubt it, surely Labour will improve all our lives?

That isn't what you said. There are many Labour policies that I disagree with. Labour won't win outright - their best chance for success is a liberal alliance. If they have any sense they will partner with the Lib Dems, Greens and SNP to form a liberal coalition government.

This should temper their more Stalinist tendencies.

The Conservatives have gone so far to the right and are now so tainted that they have lost their core voters. If Boris keeps going the way he is going, they could be off the scene for years.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
What do you know about my financial position, I can afford a below inflation payrise because I have a decent job.

I don't want to work or live abroad, not that we still can't, so I've done nothing to prevent them from doing anything.

I'm sure if and when Labour get in power we'll all be 'living the dream ' and the world will be as good as it was when Tony was in charge.

This is the "me-first" sort of attitude that I associate with the Tory party and stops me ever voting for them.

As long as their policies either benefit them or don't really affect them because they are comfortably enough off then it doesn't really matter how it affects the less well off in the country, and people who are struggling to make ends meet.

I thought that the idea of Brexit was to release us from our EU shackles and open up a golden era of greater trade and wealth, not to say stop those nasty "illegals" - (usually darker skinned than us) coming here. What has happened is that trade has fallen, costs have risen, we have franchised our responsibilities to a quasi penal colony in Africa, those low paid workers in red-wall areas are not better off because those foreigners who were taking our jobs and forcing wages down stopped coming here, and trouble is brewing in Norther Ireland. But at least we won.

Things really were starting to get better under Labour until Blair's disastrous foray into the middle East and the 2007/8 global financial crisis. The last 12 years under the Tories have either not improved things or they have got even worse, but now that we have got our blue passports back and the Banks's beer in the Swan can again be sold in pint glasses marked with a crown (which they always could btw) that new golden era is about to dawn under Boris's Tories. It might even manage to raise a smile on the faces of those miserable sods in the photos.

Last edited:

FishFright

You're right in the claim that McLaren produced a masterpiece of media manipulation but he completely spiralled out of control. He went too far in exploiting Spungen's death for his own profit, producing T-shirts that bore the legend "She's dead, I'm alive, I'm yours" superimposed over Sid's face - nothing was too low for him. There's also suggestions that although it was Sid's own mother who handed over the bag of heroin from which Vicious died, the murky hand of McLaren's was involved in this. People on the scene at the time were of the opinion that as Sid was too unreliable to market alive, manky Malky knew he'd be better off dead and was involved in the final transaction in some way.

Also, suggesting that Cook, Jones and Matlock were mere session musicians is way off the mark. If a session musician was used by the Pistols in the studio, Chris Spedding would be called in to help out on the more complex guitar parts.

It was their actual jobs pre Pistols. And I implied no 'mere' when it came to session musicians.

I agree over his manipulation of Sid and Spungens's heroin habits. disgusting .

Mugshot

Über Member
20220623_190238.png

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Well, we’d hate to see them reduced to food banks and sex work, wouldn’t we?

The Queen will receive an inflation-defying “bonus” of nearly £30m from the public purse over the next two years thanks to an obscure rule which means her income to fund the Royal Family’s official duties cannot go down.

https://inews.co.uk/news/queen-to-r...e-rule-barring-a-drop-in-royal-income-1714566

Wouldn’t bother me personally, if they had to diversify

Top Bottom