Jaffa Cake fans.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Stock up now.

2AF727E4-91BD-48F8-AD64-C82FEE30FE2E.png
:ohmy:

Cirrus

let them eat cake/biscuit

stephec

Regular
Not wanting to be a pedant here but, I read a report that workers at Jacobs in Aintree, where crackers and Twiglets are made, were going on strike for more pay, it didn't mention the factory in Levenshulme, Manchester where Jaffa Cakes are made, and that place was rumoured to be under threat of closure not so long ago.

The report also said that Pladis were upping production in Portugal to keep up with demand.

Edit: for those that don't know, Pladis is the company that owns Jacobs at Aintree, and McVities in Levenshulme, Halifax, and Harlesden, I think the McVities in Tollcross, Glasgow closed a while ago now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

Be interesting to know how many people haven't had a real terms pay cut in recent times.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Be interesting to know how many people haven't had a real terms pay cut in recent times.

I remember a report on the BBC saying that for the first three years of austerity introduced by Cameron the wealth of the country's billionaires had gone up by an amount more or less equal to cuts in government spending.

It is usually the very wealthy who are insulated from a drop in income. If it happens at all they don't notice it. At least they never get to the point where they don't know how to pay all the bills for the next month. It ought to be we are all in this together, but modern Conservatism is incapable of actually bringing this about, and those at the bottom who, of course, should work harder are the ones to suffer.

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Über Member

Me.

Moved to a new school in the Summer, got promoted and gained a 10% salary rise. :becool:

OP
OP
cookiemonster

cookiemonster

Über Member
Well done!

It's a pity you have to move so far away from the UK to get such benefits ... :smile:

Thanks and, yes, very true.

When you get told by the Teacher Training Agency, at an open day at the Open University HQ in Milton Keynes, that you're too qualified to be a Primary School Teacher, then that's the cue to get out and go elsewhere.

Top Bottom