IndyRef 2 - ExBrit Means ExBrit!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
At least this puts beyond doubt the fact that we in Scotland are trapped by a foreign system and are not in any way equal partners in a voluntary union. This will not diminish, in fact it boosts, the cause for Scottish independence by exposing the imbalanced and unjust Westminster Gov position which unionists cannot defend.

You can deny democracy for a time but you can’t prevent it.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
And - it's not on.

It's not on because the UK's Supreme Court has ruled that there is no legal way that Scotland can hold a non-binding, advisory referendum on Scottish Independence, regardless of repeated electoral mandates, without the express permission of a Tory Westminster government elected by the voters of England. A permission that they will never, ever grant.

The Union is not a voluntary partnership, Scotland is a de-facto colony of England with no true autonomy and no way of liberating itself from this manifestly abusive, exploitative relationship. According to the UK's media, it's over, the dream of independence is dead and buried for ever, the SNP are a busted flush who will be swept away for good at the next election.

We'll fücking see.

Does scotland have no tory MPs then??? im sure they do, which help to make up the tory majority........

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
And - it's not on.

It's not on because the UK's Supreme Court has ruled that there is no legal way that Scotland can hold a non-binding, advisory referendum on Scottish Independence, regardless of repeated electoral mandates, without the express permission of a Tory Westminster government elected by the voters of England. A permission that they will never, ever grant.

The Union is not a voluntary partnership, Scotland is a de-facto colony of England with no true autonomy and no way of liberating itself from this manifestly abusive, exploitative relationship. According to the UK's media, it's over, the dream of independence is dead and buried for ever, the SNP are a busted flush who will be swept away for good at the next election.

We'll fücking see.

I personally have no problem with ending the Union. But, I am puzzled by the bit about Scotland being a colony of England. I admit, it was many years ago now, but, at school, we were taught it was a Scots King (James VI) who as king of Scotland, also become King of England. Sounds to me like England is a colony of Scotland?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I personally have no problem with ending the Union. But, I am puzzled by the bit about Scotland being a colony of England. I admit, it was many years ago now, but, at school, we were taught it was a Scots King (James VI) who as king of Scotland, also become King of England. Sounds to me like England is a colony of Scotland?

When the destiny of England is decided by Scotland then you can consider it a colony.

Currently it is Scotland that cannot determine its own future, purely because Westminster parliaments refuse permission. Sound like a voluntary union of equals to you?

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed

Did your school's curriculum cover the corrupt business deals and payoffs which underpinned the 1707 Act Of Union and the eradication of Scotland's sovereignty? "Bought and sold for English gold", indeed.

BoldonLad

When the destiny of England is decided by Scotland then you can consider it a colony.

Currently it is Scotland that cannot determine its own future, purely because Westminster parliaments refuse permission. Sound like a voluntary union of equals to you?

I never said it was a voluntary union of equals. I said, a Scots King became King of both places, and, formed a United Kingdom.

I have no disagreement with “un-uniting” them, although I do find Nationalistic fervour (by any group), a little worrying.

BoldonLad

Did your school's curriculum cover the corrupt business deals and payoffs which underpinned the 1707 Act Of Union and the eradication of Scotland's sovereignty? "Bought and sold for English gold", indeed.

Not that I recall. Please, enlighten me, who was bribed?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
I never said it was a voluntary union of equals. I said, a Scots King became King of both places, and, formed a United Kingdom.

I have no disagreement with “un-uniting” them, although I do find Nationalistic fervour (by any group), a little worrying.

Repeating my first point, when one country controls the destiny of another, which is the colony and which is the coloniser?

The reference to a voluntary union was not suggesting that you had said that, it was addressing the position put forward by unionists and Westminster that we are in a partnership.

Whether you support that view or not, I am baffled by your idea that somehow England is a colony of Scotland. It’s just nonsensical.

jowwy

LIke it says in my avatar, Scotland has not elected a Tory government in nearly 70 years.

Neither has wales, but we dont cry like a bunch of pansies about it, at every oppurtunity…….get on with life and stop farking moaning you english immigrant.

jowwy

Repeating my first point, when one country controls the destiny of another, which is the colony and which is the coloniser?

The reference to a voluntary union was not suggesting that you had said that, it was addressing the position put forward by unionists and Westminster that we are in a partnership.

Whether you support that view or not, I am baffled by your idea that somehow England is a colony of Scotland. It’s just nonsensical.

Which country controls the destiny of another??? Parliment is made up of MPS from all 4 nations and tory MPs come from 3 of them……..

BoldonLad

It may not have actually happened (yet), but, it is conceivable that the SNP could hold the balance of power, in Westminster.

Top Bottom