IndyRef 2 - ExBrit Means ExBrit!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
It's on.

1656438975903.png

If we blow it this time, we really don't deserve another chance.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Fantastic! Just what is needed

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Ooh, I quite like Sturgeon's attitude. Give us a referendum or I will make independence the only SNP policy at the next election. Fun times ahead.

So it looks like it's not on until the Supreme Court say if it's on, but then if it's not on then next general election, it's on.

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

Ooh, I quite like Sturgeon's attitude. Give us a referendum or I will make independence the only SNP policy at the next election. Fun times ahead.

So it looks like it's not on until the Supreme Court say if it's on, but then if it's not on then next general election, it's on.

Kinda. As I understand it, it's on unless the Supreme Court say it's not on (because apparently the Scotland Act 2016 means Holyrood can legislate for any vote - including a referendum) but if the SC says that's not the case, it demonstrates the lack of democracy in the supposedly voluntary nature of the so-called 'union of equals' that is the UK.

Kinda. As I understand it, it's on unless the Supreme Court say it's not on (because apparently the Scotland Act 2016 means Holyrood can legislate for any vote - including a referendum) but if the SC says that's not the case, it demonstrates the lack of democracy in the supposedly voluntary nature of the so-called 'union of equals' that is the UK.

What could throw a huge fly into a vat of sticky stuff is the UK's detemination to withdraw from the ECHR, in a typical childish hissy fit.

The ECHR is written into the 1997 Scotland Act, that set up Holyrood. Pulling out of the ECHR will breach that act and the 1997 Scotland Act is internationally recognised. So that'll be 2 international treaties that the traitors on Downing Street have broken.

Last edited:

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Ooh, I quite like Sturgeon's attitude. Give us a referendum or I will make independence the only SNP policy at the next election.
No change there then, if we look at the state of health, education and crime in Scotland, I think it is their only policy at the moment.

OP
OP
Xipe Totec

Xipe Totec

No change there then, if we look at the state of health, education and crime in Scotland, I think it is their only policy at the moment.

So you'll be one of those experts on Scottish politics, then.

Lived experience, is it?

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
The last 24 hours has driven another huge nail in the coffin of the Union, hammered in by the leader of the Conservative and  Unionist Party.

It’s also going to be so sweet if Johnson is ousted as a result of his own MPs changing the rules to get in another no confidence vote as they don’t like the result of the first one. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Top Bottom