Incredibly brave young women in Iran...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C R

An Iranian climber was competing in South Korea, and didn't wear head cover. Her friends are concerned for her well being as se hasn't been contactable since.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...i-after-she-competed-in-seoul-without-a-hijab

There's now a post in her Instagram account with an apology for not covering her hair. It is anyone's guess as to whether she posted it or not.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
There's now a post in her Instagram account with an apology for not covering her hair. It is anyone's guess as to whether she posted it or not.
Well for the sake of her at least still being in a state fit to post anything then yes, let's hope it was her ..

But FFS why* in the name of all humanity should she have to apologise for
'not covering her hair,'

*Yup I know, really, it's the usual agents of patriachal control, trying to hide their abject immorality behind 'religion' or 'culture'
as per :angry:

Reactions: C R
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire

C R

Phew well that's something.

And the fact that's she appears to have gone relatively unharassed, for her 'unintentional mistake' maybe (just maybe) shows that the authorities know there's a lot of people in the outside world, still taking an interest in what's going on.

Not just outside reaction, they know that every misstep will cause a huge reaction inside, so they seem to be a lot more careful. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Not just outside reaction, they know that every misstep will cause a huge reaction inside, so they seem to be a lot more careful. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

Course I've no idea of what goes on inside the heads of, or the 'thinking' of the regime .

But for now it would seem that the authorities being 'more careful' can only be a 'good thing'.

All most of can do is keep sharing, keep supporting.

C R

Today is the 40th day since Mahsa Amini's death. This is traditionally a significant date on the mourning of the dead, and subsequent 40th days for other people killed during the protests will be coming soon.

A lot of action is expected. The notices below were posted in Isfahan cafés yesterday.

The messages read as follows:
Tomorrow we are closed as the handle of our espresso machine will be broken.

Tomorrow we are closed for protesting high German fuel prices.

Tomorrow we are closed for the 40th day of death of one of our relatives.

Tomorrow we're closed for 40 reasons.

Attachments

• IMG-20221026-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20221026-WA0000.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Keep talking about it. Keep it in the public mind.

Well I do, lots of us do.

But it feels a bit of a feeble effort, in comparison with what the people on the ground are going through..

Still, better than turning away in despair, I suppose.

• Love
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom