I Am For...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

I find a lot of modern art to be a bit Jodrell Bank.
What’s wrong with proper painting.
What's proper ? That's the whole point about art isn't it... personal choice.

Beebo

Veteran
What's proper ? That's the whole point about art isn't it... personal choice.

Sorry. I should have added a smiley.
The post was a rather poor effort to shoehorn a Jodrell Bank pun into the proceedings in reference to Mudsticks and her telescope based festival.

D

Deleted member 49

Sorry. I should have added a smiley.
The post was a rather poor effort to shoehorn a Jodrell Bank pun into the proceedings in reference to Mudsticks and her telescope based festival.
Nah Monday morning I'm slow on the uptake :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Squire
I find a lot of modern art to be a bit Jodrell Bank.
What’s wrong with proper painting.
Conversely

I find a lot of Jodrell Bank to be a bit of Modern Art..

PXL_20220722_195353797~2.jpg

mudsticks

Squire
I see that the large telescope at Jodrell Bank is now the third biggest of its type in the world. The largest two are in the US and in Germany, they're of similar design and are both quite Lovelly.

This could make a slightly more highbrow alternative to stinky old fish puns..

🙄

mudsticks

Squire
I liked the story from the Australian telescope where they started to be convinced that they were picking up radiowaves from Alien lifeforms at around midday everyday...

Turned out it was hungry / impatient research scientists opening the microwave before it had gone ping..

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I liked the story from the Australian telescope where they started to be convinced that they were picking up radiowaves from Alien lifeforms at around midday everyday...

Turned out it was hungry / impatient research scientists opening the microwave before it had gone ping..

There's another story about a radio telescope which had some sort of interference which was baffling the astronomers. They eventually worked out that it was due to a build up of what they referred to as 'weak electrolytic material.'

It was covered in bird sh*t.

mudsticks

Squire
There's another story about a radio telescope which had some sort of interference which was baffling the astronomers. They eventually worked out that it was due to a build up of what they referred to as 'weak electrolytic material.'

It was covered in bird sh*t.

Yes, but even after they'd cleaned all that off, they still had 'background noise' which they then discovered was coming from black holes regurgitating spurts of undigested space material ??

Which they now just have to filter out, if they want to look at other things .

*Or was that from pulsars..??

Lorr, My head is so full of 'stars' of all sorts right now that I'm starting to get confused..
🤔🚀🎡

Mugshot

Über Member
I see that the large telescope at Jodrell Bank is now the third biggest of its type in the world. The largest two are in the US and in Germany, they're of similar design and are both quite Lovelly.

When you say is now the third largest, did it used to be the second or first and it's gone down the ranks, or forth or fifth (whatever) and it's gone up?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
When you say is now the third largest, did it used to be the second or first and it's gone down the ranks, or forth or fifth (whatever) and it's gone up?

I think it was once the largest and the other two were built afterwards. It is getting on a bit now.

mudsticks

Squire
I think it was once the largest and the other two were built afterwards. It is getting on a bit now.

Yes definitely veteran tech now.
IMG-20220724-WA0010.jpg

They have to turn it bowl side up in high winds.

Apparently those towers that hold it up were taken as scrap off of old warships .

Those are actually the bits I like the most, from an aesthetic pov

A friend snapped one of them looking like it was just coming to peep round the dish..

Top Bottom