How do you define art?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Someone has turned Banksy's latest into a collaborative work.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-68612242

Doesn't particularly detract from it to be honest. Just looks like someone's lobbed a can of emulsion at it, had a bit left and gone for a second throw.

But I do wonder why people do that kind of thing? Doesn't seem like any kind of protest or anything.

Beebo

Veteran
I wouldn't mind seeing it, but it's one of those that I reckon might be too big when you get up close. Bit like the Angel of the North mentioned ages ago; rubbish when you're next to it, but it looks very cool on the approach into/out of the area.

It’s worth seeing if you are nearby. But ilfracombe isn’t on the way to anywhere so you won’t be just passing by.
Verity is only on loan by Hurst to the town.
The loan ends in 2032. It will be interesting to see what happens to it then.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It’s worth seeing if you are nearby. But ilfracombe isn’t on the way to anywhere so you won’t be just passing by.
Verity is only on loan by Hurst to the town.
The loan ends in 2032. It will be interesting to see what happens to it then.

I'm currently doing distance learning at Falmouth Uni, so in the unlikely event I ever head down to see the actual campus, Ilfracombe is kind of on the way from Tyne and Wear.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I wouldn't mind seeing it, but it's one of those that I reckon might be too big when you get up close. Bit like the Angel of the North mentioned ages ago; rubbish when you're next to it, but it looks very cool on the approach into/out of the area.

It's got more detail on it than the Angel of the North so it is worth seeing close up. Best view is from the sea. That way you first see her intact, before the internal layers are revealed as you round the entrance to the harbour. Looks alright from the shore but it is in a car park so not the nicest location.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's got more detail on it than the Angel of the North so it is worth seeing close up. Best view is from the sea. That way you first see her intact, before the internal layers are revealed as you round the entrance to the harbour. Looks alright from the shore but it is in a car park so not the nicest location.

Sounds like I'll need to plan an ambitious boat trip... Which isn't beyond the realms of possibility.

Can't do any worse than this fella, surely?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Darwin_disappearance_case

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

Beebo

Veteran
There's a trip from the harbour on a rigid inflatable to go and see the seals, but don't waste your money taking a toddler, they'll fall asleep as soon as the boat starts rocking...

We did this when the first lockdown ended.
The farce of wearing a face mask on a rib travelling at 30mph in the middle of the sea wasn’t lost on everyone on board.

IMG_4166.jpeg

IMG_4164.jpeg

Top Bottom