Help! I'm stuck with the wrong user name.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Months ago, in a moment of extreme doziness, I entered the wrong user name with my password and I've been stuck with it ever since every time I come to NACA. As a result I have to log in again and correct it, again and again. Is there any way I can correct it to slowmotion once and for all? All suggestions welcome. Thanks and Happy New Year.

classic33

T'is showing as slowmotion?

Would the wrong username and password allow you to log in.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

T'is showing as slowmotion?

Would the wrong username and password allow you to log in.
Sorry, I didn't explain my problem very well. I log in to CC as "slowmotion". That works fine. Then I decide to venture fearlessly into NACA by clicking the NACA link at the top of the page. The autocomplete function tells me I'm "stuntbadger" which is a user name I used on a completely different website elsewhere but is the one I mistakenly entered in NACA long ago when I was being absentminded. I correct it to "slowmotion" and that's fine but if there's a glitch, NACA assumes I'm "stuntbadger" again. It's really tedious correcting it again and again.

I just want "stuntbadger" to go away for good.

Have you used two different passwords? Try changing the NACA one to be the same as CC. That’s normally poor practice, but as the two sites are so closely linked it seemed a reasonable way to fix the problem of my browsers thinking the two sites should use the same credentials.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Have you used two different passwords? Try changing the NACA one to be the same as CC. That’s normally poor practice, but as the two sites are so closely linked it seemed a reasonable way to fix the problem of my browsers thinking the two sites should use the same credentials.
When NACA started I got the impression that your user name on NACA had to be the same as on CC so I stuck to that. I also used the same password for both websites. Then, by mistake, I logged into NACA as "stuntbadger". The autocomplete thingy in the login page assumed my usual password but NACA tries to automatically morph me into being stuntbadger ever since. I assume that some clever do-da associates my computer with the wretched stuntbadger and it won't let go.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Sorry, I didn't explain my problem very well. I log in to CC as "slowmotion". That works fine. Then I decide to venture fearlessly into NACA by clicking the NACA link at the top of the page. The autocomplete function tells me I'm "stuntbadger" which is a user name I used on a completely different website elsewhere but is the one I mistakenly entered in NACA long ago when I was being absentminded. I correct it to "slowmotion" and that's fine but if there's a glitch, NACA assumes I'm "stuntbadger" again. It's really tedious correcting it again and again.

I just want "stuntbadger" to go away for good.
LOL.

When NACA started I got the impression that your user name on NACA had to be the same as on CC so I stuck to that. I also used the same password for both websites. Then, by mistake, I logged into NACA as "stuntbadger". The autocomplete thingy in the login page assumed my usual password but NACA tries to automatically morph me into being stuntbadger ever since. I assume that some clever do-da associates my computer with the wretched stuntbadger and it won't let go.
Are you sure it’s not your browser doing that?

I'm afraid that I have absolutely no way of telling. I'm just an innocent bystander, not an IT professional.:smile:
What happens if you use a different device or browser?

farfromtheland

Regular AND Goofy
In my version of firefox under options - security - logins there is a 'saved logins' panel. This may help if you inhabit the web of 2008...

Top Bottom