FREEDOM!! WE ARE FREE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Anyone else excited that:

Living with Covid plan will restore freedom, says Boris Johnson​

I've been caged for so long I barely remember what freedom was like. Now I shall be able to go to the shops, the theatre, on holiday, to a concert...

Oh - hang on. I think I could already do that?

Still, at least all of the experts are in agreement and Boris is following the science.
But Prof Anthony Costello, professor of global health and sustainable development at UCL, told the BBC: "The worry about lifting the legal restrictions is that we are telling not only our population, but the world, that there is really nothing to worry about, that it's all over when it isn't."
Dr Chaand Nagpaul, chair of the British Medical Association, said infections need to fall further before the rules were relaxed and called on ministers to release data to support their decision.
"It does appear as if the government is trying to pretend that Covid doesn't exist in the day-to-day lives of so many people," he told the BBC.
Oh.

Good luck free people.

ebikeerwidnes

We must be following the science - because Boris said so

and I can;t think of any reason why he would want to be looking good and jumping the gun

no no none at all.

PaulB

It's a huge gamble. A last roll of the dice. He's finished anyway unless......

He cares absolutely nothing about the people anyway so he may as well use them (us) as collateral who, not only have no say in the matter, but he's seen how gullible they are so will get willing support amongst the people who want freedom without weighing up the risks. And as there are a considerable number of yahoos amongst the population, he'll get a lot of backing on this. And if the virus fades away or can become manageable, he'll present it as a great Falklands-level victory.

Last edited:

ebikeerwidnes

There have always been a group that have said 'we' should open up everything and just let the consequences roll

mostly young people with great belief in their own immunity and no vulnerable people they care about (or don;t care about anyone except themselves)

after all - "Cry FREEDOM and let loose the dogs of Covid"
or something like that

I thought we had been "living with Covid" already; getting vaccinated, wearing masks in crowded public places, testing and self isolating when positive...

It seems like Johnson wants us to live as though Covid doesn't exist anymore to appease his swivel eyed backbenchers.

D

Deleted member 28

I thought we had been "living with Covid" already; getting vaccinated, wearing masks in crowded public places, testing and self isolating when positive...
Well those who still want to do all of the above can and those that don't want to haven't got to anymore.

I believe in vaccination before you jump on that one.

It's not hard to see the difference is it?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Well those who still want to do all of the above can and those that don't want to haven't got to anymore.

I believe in vaccination before you jump on that one.

It's not hard to see the difference is it?
ITYFIABMCTT.

For example, you can't isolate if your employer won't let you and you're not getting sick pay. You can't test if you can't afford to pay for it. The masks protect everybody, not just the wearers. The clinically vulnerable can't go out if nobody's masked or tested or isolating. Not everybody is vaccinated and not everybody can be vaccinated.

Or are we happy to just kill off the poor and the sick?

FishFright

It seems like Johnson wants us to live as though Covid doesn't exist anymore to appease his swivel eyed backbenchers.

All of the last the P.M.'s have done is appease his swivel eyed backbenchers.

D

Deleted member 28

ITYFIABMCTT.

For example, you can't isolate if your employer won't let you and you're not getting sick pay. You can't test if you can't afford to pay for it. The masks protect everybody, not just the wearers. The clinically vulnerable can't go out if nobody's masked or tested or isolating. Not everybody is vaccinated and not everybody can be vaccinated.

Or are we happy to just kill off the poor and the sick?
There you go then lots of differences, f**k knows what all the letters mean though?

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
There you go then lots of differences, f**k knows what all the letters mean though?
To my mind it's a very simple thing...

1. Did Boris say that you don't need to do something?
  2. Do you still have to do that thing when you go to a place that knows about that thing (e.g. a hospital where there are doctors who understand virology)?
If the answer to both of the above is "yes" then continue to follow what the doctors are doing and not the lying journalist cum Prime Minister.

I will therefore continue to wear a mask and glare at the selfish p**cks who only care about themselves. I will continue to avoid breathing in the air of other people by finding quieter trains and not attending mass group events unless immunisation status and LFTS are checked.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Not good, is it? It's freedom for those who can afford it, confinement, sickness and potentially death for the poor and vulnerable.

Reactions: mjr
D

Deleted member 28

Not good, is it? It's freedom for those who can afford it, confinement, sickness and potentially death for the poor and vulnerable.
If you're too ill to go to work then surely you'll be off sick as with any other illness?

If you're job doesn't pay for sick then you'll be no worse off than if you had any other illness.

You haven't had to wear masks really for ages on the whole except for a few months earlier in the year so can't see what the big deal is myself.

It's either different or it's not, make your frigging minds up!

D

Deleted member 28

To my mind it's a very simple thing...

1. Did Boris say that you don't need to do something?
  2. Do you still have to do that thing when you go to a place that knows about that thing (e.g. a hospital where there are doctors who understand virology)?
If the answer to both of the above is "yes" then continue to follow what the doctors are doing and not the lying journalist cum Prime Minister.

I will therefore continue to wear a mask and glare at the selfish p**cks who only care about themselves. I will continue to avoid breathing in the air of other people by finding quieter trains and not attending mass group events unless immunisation status and LFTS are checked.
As already said, do what you want.

Events have been happening for ages so I doubt you not going to any will make much of a difference.

Glare away my friend, glare away. :laugh:

Top Bottom