FREEDOM!! WE ARE FREE!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
To my mind it's a very simple thing...

1. Did Boris say that you don't need to do something?
  2. Do you still have to do that thing when you go to a place that knows about that thing (e.g. a hospital where there are doctors who understand virology)?
If the answer to both of the above is "yes" then continue to follow what the doctors are doing and not the lying journalist cum Prime Minister.

I will therefore continue to wear a mask and glare at the selfish p**cks who only care about themselves. I will continue to avoid breathing in the air of other people by finding quieter trains and not attending mass group events unless immunisation status and LFTS are checked.

And, if you choose to follow the lead of those doctors and healthcare workers who have not even been vaccinated?

OP
OP
icowden

icowden

Legendary Member
And, if you choose to follow the lead of those doctors and healthcare workers who have not even been vaccinated?
Those are very much in the minority and should not be working with patients. I'll go with the majority.

BoldonLad

Those are very much in the minority and should not be working with patients. I'll go with the majority.

But, regardless of Boris, or anyone else, that is what most people are (ie the majority). For months now, in the area I live, the "legal" requirements have been widely ignored.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
If you're too ill to go to work then surely you'll be off sick as with any other illness?

If you're job doesn't pay for sick then you'll be no worse off than if you had any other illness
You do get that people can be mildly symptomatic or even asymptomatic and still spread the virus, right?

D

Deleted member 28

You do get that people can be mildly symptomatic or even asymptomatic and still spread the virus, right?
Obviously but you're saying they will lose out financially with the new changes and I'm saying they won't, which they won't.

Whether going to work and spreading Covid around is a good idea isn't the issue here, if they're too ill to work then they can get sick pay (or not) and if they're not too ill to work then they go in.

winjim

Obviously but you're saying they will lose out financially with the new changes and I'm saying they won't, which they won't.

Whether going to work and spreading Covid around is a good idea isn't the issue here, if they're too ill to work then they can get sick pay (or not) and if they're not too ill to work then they go in.
The PM talks about exercising personal responsibility. If you are poor and can't afford testing or to be off work then you don't have the option of exercising personal responsibility.

Going to work and spreading Covid is the issue. Poor people may have no choice but to do exactly that.

BoldonLad

And potentially make others too ill to work?

Just as people do with other ailments, eg Common Cold, Flu etc etc

BoldonLad

If you come in to my workplace with any of that you'll be told to eff off home until you're better. And to get a bloody flu jab.

Does that mean flu jabs should be compulsory in your place of work?

Does that mean self isolation for those with flu or a common cold should be a legal requirement?

winjim

Does that mean flu jabs should be compulsory in your place of work?

Does that mean self isolation for those with flu or a common cold should be a legal requirement?
Flu jabs are very strongly encouraged and have about an 85% takeup. There might very well be an argument for isolation in cases of flu. It would require a significant testing program though.

Top Bottom