Finally really good news...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
There is a way to get that engagement it's called protest and in this case the law has put some limits on it, that's also sensible ... I mean we might not always like the law, but the system is in place to keep everything somewhat balanced.
Can you at least try to frame a coherent argument?

Please?

You now appear to be arguing that Insulate Britain *should* be protesting? But that the protest shouldn't be listened to? Is that right?

mjr

i mean if you think you can cancel parts of the law, what makes you able to tell others to follow that same law? It's a bit the same situation the PM is now in, does'nt look like he is still pm by the end of this week, with good reason.
Would you like to revise the above given that effectively fark-all seems to have happened to the PM so far over his repeated law-breaking? Shouldn't Insulate Britain be getting the same treatment of immense power, free luxury accommodation in central London, transport and donations?

OP
OP
dutchguylivingintheuk

dutchguylivingintheuk

Über Member
Can you at least try to frame a coherent argument?

Please?

You now appear to be arguing that Insulate Britain *should* be protesting? But that the protest shouldn't be listened to? Is that right?
Nope, from the first post on i said about the same thing, might have used slightly different words but the meaning is the same, i can write it in two different languages if requested. I say that they have the right to protest, only that this injunction means that if they respect law they would have to find other ways to protest. But if they don't respect the law how do they expect the law/government etc. to respect them? or their demands?

Would you like to revise the above given that effectively fark-all seems to have happened to the PM so far over his repeated law-breaking? Shouldn't Insulate Britain be getting the same treatment of immense power, free luxury accommodation in central London, transport and donations?
Words fail me, to describe/revise/whatever what is happening in no.10 at the moment, so maybe that's something we can agree on?

Reactions: mjr

mjr

I say that they have the right to protest, only that this injunction means that if they respect law they would have to find other ways to protest. But if they don't respect the law how do they expect the law/government etc. to respect them? or their demands?
You can respect something but still challenge it. Respect does not require blind obedience. If it did, errors by, for example, commanding officers in the military would cause far more problems.

Also, is the law and government respecting them? Sidelining them instead of answering doesn't seem respectful.

icowden

Legendary Member
Nope, from the first post on i said about the same thing, might have used slightly different words but the meaning is the same, i can write it in two different languages if requested. I say that they have the right to protest, only that this injunction means that if they respect law they would have to find other ways to protest. But if they don't respect the law how do they expect the law/government etc. to respect them? or their demands?
So to be clear, they have the right to protest as long as they don't actually protest in any meaningful way?
Are you related to Priti Patel by any chance?

OP
OP
dutchguylivingintheuk

dutchguylivingintheuk

Über Member
You can respect something but still challenge it. Respect does not require blind obedience. If it did, errors by, for example, commanding officers in the military would cause far more problems.

Also, is the law and government respecting them? Sidelining them instead of answering doesn't seem respectful.
I also agree with that but at the same time it took 2 weeks for that injunction, in all that time they daily blocked the m25 maybe it's was just time to find other/better ways?

Yeah don't get started about this govement, instead i will rephrase it to what you would normally in a healthy society may expect from a government.

So to be clear, they have the right to protest as long as they don't actually protest in any meaningful way?
Are you related to Priti Patel by any chance?
How do you mean no meaningfull way? London/M25 was blocked for over 2 weeks before the injunction

steve292

OP
OP
dutchguylivingintheuk

dutchguylivingintheuk

Über Member
And you say that they should not now protest in a way that might be effective. You believe that the state should control and remove protests. This is a model that China use.
No China would hit down protest before they are even started, track down and murdered anyone involved with organizing the protest and so on. We can agree to disagree but claiming they can't protest in an effective way is just keeping you eyes closed for information that doesn't suit you at the moment.
I mean they have been blocking, central London, the M25 etc. etc. for weeks before this injunction came, the law has to be the law at some point.

Top Bottom