"Don’t call it sleaze, call it corruption"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

"Maugham estimates that the government spent £12.5bn on PPE that it could have got for £4.5bn. “We’re talking vast amounts of waste,” he says. It didn’t have to be this way. “It’s not the inevitable corruption that comes when, at the time of national emergency, you put aside process in the interest of speed. It’s the institutionalisation of corruption to benefit your friends.”

The stink of it...the stink.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I've always considered that the term 'sleaze' carried some sort of sexual connotation. In my mind it doesn't apply to common or garden financial or political corruption, nepotism or the like.

"If it smells like corruption then it probably is corruption." Jack Bauer

There are however some cases which appear to be both corrupt and sleazy.

NINTCHDBPICT000622462258.jpg

Screenshot 2021-12-22 161202.jpg

Last edited:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I've always considered that the term 'sleaze' carried some sort of sexual connotation. In my mind it doesn't apply to common or garden financial or political corruption, nepotism or the like.

Yes, that sounds about right... but... there was (is) a bit of sex mixed in with it, so, maybe, sleaze does fit?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I'm not really surprised it cost so much to hammer it all back out again without damaging the bridge.

Looks like a total eyesore in the first place!

albion

Veteran
https://amp.theguardian.com/media/2...reak-impartiality-rules-say-senior-tv-figures

Ofcom this time.
'Jon Sopel, a former BBC News chief political correspondent who spent eight years as its North America editor, said: “In the US, I witnessed the polarisation of TV, where it was not news to inform but to affirm what people already thought, and I thought that was such a dangerous road to go down'
'GB News was now calling itself The Election Channel'

Right corrupt.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom