Discussion of Range Rover woman being charged .... as formerly seen on CC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
W***panzer vs Toyota Aygo. Guess the result…(but these things are 'safer' for their little darlings, right?)

Looks like a public toilet on wheels, handles like one.
True and they are also not very high on the reliability rankings, but this kind of mistake would be an issue in any car. Because the problem is the driver not the car.

StuAff

W***panzer vs Toyota Aygo. Guess the result…(but these things are 'safer' for their little darlings, right?)

View: https://twitter.com/JamesKPatterson/status/1474089696296906770

Looks like a public toilet on wheels, handles like one.

My bad…GR Yaris. Now that's a far more sensible 4x4 for the urban environment…

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Sherrilyn Speid, the publicity-seeking driver who used her Range Rover as a weapon against seated protestors, has been convicted of dangerous driving and given an interim disqualification until her sentencing takes place in May.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-essex-60900298

However, this bit puzzled me: "[The prosecutor]... said that "on two occasions" the "Range Rover stops very close to the female protester", whereas Speid clearly struck the protestors with her car, pushing them along the road.

Sherrilyn Speid, the publicity-seeking driver who used her Range Rover as a weapon against seated protestors, has been convicted of dangerous driving and given an interim disqualification until her sentencing takes place in May.

However, this bit puzzled me: "[The prosecutor]... said that "on two occasions" the "Range Rover stops very close to the female protester", whereas Speid clearly struck the protestors with her car, pushing them along the road.
Hope she had not driven to court.

matticus

Guru
Yes, this has been commented on by a lot of people. Unless the prosecutor knows some subtlety that we don't, I'd say she's been let off the hook a bit there.
Still, minimum sentence is apparently 1 year DSQ. Perhaps she'll blog about her car-free experience?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis

Another thing that puzzles me is that the court was shown 'heavily bleeped' footage of the incident as if magistrates are some delicate flowers who have to be protected from bad language. Who did the bleeping and what else on the footage did they alter? I'd like our courts to make important decisions based as much as they can on the uncensored truth. I'm pretty sure our criminal justice system can handle a few naughty words.

slowmotion

Is there a general feeling round here that the justice system has been knobbled by Big Oil, the manufacturers of large cars, the road building lobby, shoddy house builders etc etc?

Just asking.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Another thing that puzzles me is that the court was shown 'heavily bleeped' footage of the incident as if magistrates are some delicate flowers who have to be protected from bad language. Who did the bleeping and what else on the footage did they alter? I'd like our courts to make important decisions based as much as they can on the uncensored truth. I'm pretty sure our criminal justice system can handle a few naughty words.
Just out of interest, how do you know what the court was shown? Were you there?

mudsticks

Squire

Bleddy environmental protestors..

The most foul mouthed bunch of reprobates I've ever come across, for sure..

Is there a general feeling round here that the justice system has been knobbled by Big Oil, the manufacturers of large cars, the road building lobby, shoddy house builders etc etc?

Just asking.

Was there 'ever' any doubt that the legal system is skewed in favour of those with more power, and money already .?

Hence power and money objecting to so called 'lefty lawyers'

Top Bottom