Discussion of Range Rover woman being charged .... as formerly seen on CC

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
To return to the thread topic; I've had a look at where she was supposed to be travelling to from the point of the road blockage and the first alternative route I found added four minutes to her journey. She'd have been halfway there already if she wasn't so stupid as to engage with something she could easily avoid.

From her behaviour after the event (selling her story to the press and creating merchandise for sale) I'd say she's an attention seeker who saw an opportunity and exploited it.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
To return to the thread topic; I've had a look at where she was supposed to be travelling to from the point of the road blockage and the first alternative route I found added four minutes to her journey. She'd have been halfway there already if she wasn't so stupid as to engage with something she could easily avoid.

From her behaviour after the event (selling her story to the press and creating merchandise for sale) I'd say she's an attention seeker who saw an opportunity and exploited it.

Sounds like a reasonable conclusion, from what I have read of the individual in question.

MrGrumpy

Regular

Surely she must be some recycled/disused chip shop paper now :rolleyes: .

The Crofted Crest

Do you have evidence of defences that would cope with a 1 metre rise in sea levels

I've cycled over this mofo 6 times this year.
1640167836273.png

The Crofted Crest

Is that down in Zeeland?

Yes it's the Eastern Scheldt storm surge barrier (the N57 on this map). Whichever way you ride it you'll be heading into the wind. You can do a good loop from De Banjaard, Burg-Haamstede (where the other half's family comes from), Zierikzee, over the Zeeland Bridge and back to base. It's also good scuba diving country if that's your thing.

Cirrus

Yes it's the Eastern Scheldt storm surge barrier (the N57 on this map). Whichever way you ride it you'll be heading into the wind. You can do a good loop from De Banjaard, Burg-Haamstede (where the other half's family comes from), Zierikzee, over the Zeeland Bridge and back to base. It's also good scuba diving country if that's your thing.
Have cycled that and luckily for me, it was a beautiful sunny day with barely a breath of wind to ruffle my hair...:dance:

The Crofted Crest

barely a breath of wind to ruffle my hair...:dance:

A couple of cycling clubs in Zealand organise "ride into the wind" races across the barrier when the sea heaps up and white foam from breaking waves begins to be blown in streaks along the direction of the wind and spindrift begins to be seen (Beaufort 7). I seem to remember signposts for a "Headwind" bike route, too. We were supposed to be going again at New Year but I got an email from the hotel this morning saying all bookings were cancelled. Didn't give any reason. Ho, hum.

Anyway, Range Rovers ...

ETA:
Dutch headwind cycling championships on Wiki

Last edited:

Cirrus

A couple of cycling clubs in Zealand organise "ride into the wind" races across the barrier when the sea heaps up and white foam from breaking waves begins to be blown in streaks along the direction of the wind and spindrift begins to be seen (Beaufort 7). I seem to remember signposts for a "Headwind" bike route, too. We were supposed to be going again at New Year but I got an email from the hotel this morning saying all bookings were cancelled. Didn't give any reason. Ho, hum.

Anyway, Range Rovers ...

ETA:
Dutch headwind cycling championships on Wiki

Would much prefer to cycle up a mountain than battle constant headwinds!!!!

Anyway, Range Rovers....

Do you have evidence of defences that would cope with a 1 metre rise in sea levels - ie a general rise not an exceptional tide?
It's pretty well documented, part of the Dutch Delta works for example, @The Crofted Crest already posted a picture, those floodworks allow salt/sea water in during normal circumstances, they can close if there is an exceptional tide. (pictured is one of the one at Zeeland, more across every sea opening, mostly designed after the ''53 sea floodings that cost many lives, but archaeologist found evidence of many different Water levels.
There is a seperate goverment body(Rijkswaterstaat) dedicated to watching and repairing sea dykes but also river banks etc. so any permanent rise would be covered by them before it becomes an issue.

Top Bottom