Cruella Braverman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
...seems to want to out-Nazi, Priti!
Apart from setting unattainable targets for migrant crossings, she thinks we should all jolly-well go back to our offices and relax by watching trashy TV, like Love Island:

She has also asked all staff to watch “trashy TV” to help their “mental wellbeing”, a source said, specifically citing Channel 4’s Married at First Sight and First Dates as well as Love Island.
The latest series of the ITV2 show drew thousands of complaints about alleged misogynistic behaviour. Last month, the charity Women’s Aid highlighted issues including bullying and coercive control.
Sources familiar with Braverman’s address revealed she told them: “It’s important for people to look after their wellbeing. Best antidote [for work-related stress] is trashy TV.”

Yes Cruella, that's really going to make a better Britain....

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...e-office-no-boats-crossing-the-channel-target

Other than that it's the same old Tory law and order bollock....

Heartless and Clueless....meet the new boss, same as the old boss....

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Another female politician of colour being mocked by Foodie. He really does have an issue with women in power, especially black and brown ones.

Ian H

Guru
Another female politician of colour being mocked by Foodie. He really does have an issue with women in power, especially black and brown ones.
It would be more constructive if you could address the political points FF made rather than trying to twist the discussion to gender and ethnicity.
Two politicians with similar right-wing views; one has replaced the other as Home Secretary. FF has expressed a dislike of those views. What's your opinion?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
It would be more constructive if you could address the political points FF made rather than trying to twist the discussion to gender and ethnicity.
Two politicians with similar right-wing views; one has replaced the other as Home Secretary. FF has expressed a dislike of those views. What's your opinion?

while given her a new nickname, the same as he did to Priti Patel.......but yet started a thread just calling her Liz Truss, no stupid nickname like he has the others of black or brown origin

jowwy

Apart from a pair of right wing Home Secretaries who happen to be of Asian heritage which other politicos has FF called names?

it doesnt matter if there isnt anymore, 1 is too many and none would be better.....but crack on and defend him if you want too.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member

No, he has attacked and belittled the women of colour who were put in those positions. Do you defend his use of offensive nicknames towards an Asian woman and a black woman?

No, he has attacked and belittled the women of colour who were put in those positions. Do you defend his use of offensive nicknames towards an Asian woman and a black woman?

So far as I can see he's used nick names for two successive holders of one of the great offices of state.

Are you suggesting that if holders were (a) Michael Gove and (b) Jacob Rees-Mogg then there would be no such names?

jowwy

So far as I can see he's used nick names for two successive holders of one of the great offices of state.

Are you suggesting that if holders were (a) Michael Gove and (b) Jacob Rees-Mogg then there would be no such names?

he hasnt used any names for Liz Truss who holds the most important position.....so yes he could do exactly that if it was mogg and gove

Ian H

Guru
It's a fairly common right-wing trope: to cast any criticism of a non-white politician as somehow racist. Standard deflection from the actual issue. The righteous indignation is almost convincing.

Milkfloat

Without speaking for Fabbers, maybe he has not been able to come up with a comedy (or otherwise) nickname for Mary Truss yet.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It's a fairly common right-wing trope: to cast any criticism of a non-white politician as somehow racist. Standard deflection from the actual issue. The righteous indignation is almost convincing.

Yet so many of you casually throw around the racist alegation against anyone you disagree with.

The truth is that your mate Foodie regularly abuses and mocks women in power, especially using their heritage. You are now defending that behaviour because you don't want to accept that he is a racist.

I have never used race to belittle anyone. It isn't righteous indignation, it is simply me pointing out we have a racist in our midst, and you are defending him.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Without speaking for Fabbers, maybe he has not been able to come up with a comedy (or otherwise) nickname for Mary Truss yet.

Turds Truss would seem appropriate, but Turds was used for Johnson by Stuart Lee. Wooden Truss would be appropriate....
Seems I have created a bit of a fuss among some...gosh!

Last edited:
Top Bottom