Cruella Braverman...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Like a duck, apparently.
And if a guy on the internet sounds like a racist, we assume it is one too, I s'pose??

icowden

Legendary Member
It's full of immigrants and unemployment is rife, how many are still awaiting asylum I don't know.
It's almost as if the Government keep dumping Asylum seekers in Wolverhampton for some reason. I suppose you think that that is the Asylum seekers fault?

Given that the Government have no clue and no plan to manage them, that has an adverse effect on areas like Heath Town and surrounding areas where unemployment is high. Weirdly if you just dump people where there are few prospects, they have fewer prospects. Heath town is having a 120 million pound regeneration of the estates area, but I'm not sure you can blame the residents for a problem created by Government.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
It's almost as if the Government keep dumping Asylum seekers in Wolverhampton for some reason. I suppose you think that that is the Asylum seekers fault?

Given that the Government have no clue and no plan to manage them, that has an adverse effect on areas like Heath Town and surrounding areas where unemployment is high. Weirdly if you just dump people where there are few prospects, they have fewer prospects. Heath town is having a 120 million pound regeneration of the estates area, but I'm not sure you can blame the residents for a problem created by Government.

i'd like to know howmany immigrants there are in Heath Town?? or is it just the usual bullshit rhetoric of a tory voter, just taring all residents of heath town with the same brush??

i would say its the latter, as the voter is known for racist, sexist and misogynistic comments and doesn't know sh*t from dirty clay.

Beebo

Veteran
When migrants arrive on the southern shores of Europe we get told it’s their problem to deal with and we don’t want them.

When migrants arrive on the southern shores of England we get told that Kent can’t cope so they get spread around the country.

Anyone else notice the hypocrisy.

Ian H

Guru
Private Eye must have been lurking here.
IMG_20221102_140530970.jpg

icowden

Legendary Member
Is Heath Town one of the places that is used to disperse Asylum Seekers into homes managed on behalf of HMG?
Wolverhampton is in general. The problem will necessarily follow that person x knows someone who lives in Heath Town, so will want to go to Heath town. Person Y has met Person X and become friends during the journey, knows they are from the same place, share a language etc so Heath Town seems like a good place to go for them too. They tell their friend Person Z, and so on... Human nature.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Wolverhampton is in general. The problem will necessarily follow that person x knows someone who lives in Heath Town, so will want to go to Heath town. Person Y has met Person X and become friends during the journey, knows they are from the same place, share a language etc so Heath Town seems like a good place to go for them too. They tell their friend Person Z, and so on... Human nature.

Are you implying that it is down to the migrants wishes where they are "relocated" to, rather than some form of "plan" by Government, or, some other Agency?

Beebo

Veteran
Are you implying that it is down to the migrants wishes where they are "relocated" to, rather than some form of "plan" by Government, or, some other Agency?

It’s going to be a bit if both.
I presume it’s fairly cheap to live there and there’s a community of similar people so it will attract an additional population.
Migrant populations have historically lived in cheap inner city locations for centuries.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

According to the latest figure i can find there are 645 asylum seekers in Wolverhampton......now the population of Wolverhampton itself is 220k.

So i wouldn't say that's a huge amount tbh - a little under 0.02%

1667404194345.png

BoldonLad

According to the latest figure i can find there are 645 asylum seekers in Wolverhampton......now the population of Wolverhampton itself is 220k.

So i wouldn't say that's a huge amount tbh - a little under 0.02%

View attachment 2435

Interesting. My "home area" has a population of 147,800, with an Asylum seeker population of 436, according to the local press. Which, if my O level maths has not deserted me, is 0.29%. Not that I personally perceive that as a problem.

icowden

Legendary Member

I'm implying that if you go to an asylum hotel in Wolverhampton and your Asylum is approved, you are going to probably go where your friends / relatives are. If they are in Wolverhampton, that means you stay in Wolverhampton.

This then starts to create a problem in that the people who live in the are perceive this growing body of people who look different, all speak a foreign language and don't seem to try to fit in. This makes perfect sense. If you live in an area with lots of your countrymen who all speak your language and who you know, it disincentivises you from integrating with the wider community. This needs to be tackled by cultural exchange, the kindness of strangers and general encouragement to start to adopt host country customs.

I saw a news story the other day about an elderly white woman in America somewhere who had been housed in a largely black neighborhood and was routinely calling the police as she was worried about being attacked by the hooded men hanging round her apartment block. A more enterprising Police Officer scooped up a couple of the lads on his way to the umptieth call and introduced her to them. They were able to explain that they meant no harm and had also been making quietly sure that she was ok as they know that the neighbourhood could be a bit rough. The end result was that she started to meet people and become a part of the community. Her fear was tackled by the simple instrument of meeting people.

Last edited:

BoldonLad

I'm implying that if you go to an asylum hotel in Wolverhampton and your Asylum is approved, you are going to probably go where your friends / relatives are. If they are in Wolverhampton, that means you stay in Wolverhampton.

I was simply asking if Asylum seekers got to choose where they were re-located to, rather than being directed to a particular area. I understand perfectly well why an Asylum Seeker (or, almost anyone for that matter) would wish to re-locate in an area where they had friends/relations etc.

I don't think you answered my question, but, such is life.

Top Bottom