Climate Crisis: Are we doing enough?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

1669147852093.png

albion

Veteran
Warming calculations seem to be on the assumption it is linear.
Emotional observation has it as exponential as the latest reports of having passed 1.5C appear to confirm.

Anyone under 30 has one hell of a cfuked future.

icowden

Legendary Member
[picture]
Nice. Reminds me of this week at my daughters school. There are two ways into the school - one route floods if the River Mole is in spate. Of course some tosspot in an Audi decided "it's not that deep and I'm not driving round" - this is despite warnings from the school that that entrance was closed due to flooding.

End result - a drowned Audi blocking the lane to the school busses for 4 days.

Funny, alltough said flood have nothing to do with climate change, if you look at historical data that was in a flood prone area it was just a little bit more then expected. but then again if you look at the past 100 it has been quite quiet disasters wise
Warming calculations seem to be on the assumption it is linear.
Emotional observation has it as exponential as the latest reports of having passed 1.5C appear to confirm.

Anyone under 30 has one hell of a cfuked future.
we just have to adapt, put a few dingies under our houses and such. i hear in France they have lots, convientely on the coast already, just send hms the big lizze round to collect them.

icowden

Legendary Member
Funny, alltough said flood have nothing to do with climate change, if you look at historical data that was in a flood prone area it was just a little bit more then expected. but then again if you look at the past 100 it has been quite quiet disasters wise
So flooding more than expected isn't a byproduct of climate change? I thought that was part of the definition myself.
Obviously the sticker has been photoshopped. Still funny though.

So flooding more than expected isn't a byproduct of climate change? I thought that was part of the definition myself.
Obviously the sticker has been photoshopped. Still funny though.
The sticker was during the floods that have hardest hit Germany somewhere think it was last year. Werther it was photoshopped or not.
Flooding in that area isn't a byproduct off climate change, considering the rivers that flooded all end up in the Netherlands and the Netherlands has an extensive, network of waterschappen(best stranslated as water councils) there is lots of data, which clearly shows those flooding's where expected, so climate change is not a cause it's a causation, surely it could/might/possibly have been better without climate change, but the historical data shows it would have flooded with or without climate change, uh let me correct that without so called human caused climate change. As the climate changes on it's own. (a part often left out in doom scenario's, just as the fact the the 20th century was relatively quiet disaster wise.)

icowden

Legendary Member
Flooding in that area isn't a byproduct off climate change, considering the rivers that flooded all end up in the Netherlands and the Netherlands has an extensive, network of waterschappen(best stranslated as water councils) there is lots of data, which clearly shows those flooding's where expected, so climate change is not a cause it's a causation,
So it wasn't this then:
https://www.theguardian.com/environ...ly-german-floods-up-to-nine-times-more-likely

Obviously there is always a professor/''climate scientist'' etc. to find to claim it all our fault. and like a said above partly it is, but that does not change the other facts that prove that flooding's like this are to be expected, as part of ''normal'' natural disasters ''normal'' changes to the climate etc.
Other question do you known how much money those universities, makers of those studies etc. miss out on if they would paint a more realistic but nuanced picture?

the snail

Obviously there is always a professor/''climate scientist'' etc. to find to claim it all our fault. and like a said above partly it is, but that does not change the other facts that prove that flooding's like this are to be expected, as part of ''normal'' natural disasters ''normal'' changes to the climate etc.
Other question do you known how much money those universities, makers of those studies etc. miss out on if they would paint a more realistic but nuanced picture?

Ah, I see, you have your own "alternative facts"!

Ah, I see, you have your own "alternative facts"!
classic leftish trick, either ridicule 'alternative facts, foil hats etc,' shout facist or something else as long s it stays far away from actually answering reasonable questions. Yet when you change the subject to something lefties hate, like musk or something like that they suddenly can ask those questions and harrass those sources and such despite Musk has done more for the climate then all those Greta's just stop oil, Extinction whatever combined.

I said what my source was, not obscure or anything hardly groundbreaking either but off course is much more convenient to ignore, i understand it's not you it's them right?

matticus

Guru

This is rather a naive statement!

If scientists want to make money, they get jobs in oil/gas, tobacco, Big Pharma. It's not difficult, even I managed a year after graduation funded by oil/gas exploration. By comparison, highly qualified climate scientists are paid peanuts.

Last edited:

mudsticks

Squire
This is rather a naive statement!

If scientists want to make money, they get jobs in oil/gas, tobacco, Big Pharma. It's not difficult, even I managed a year after university funded by oil/gas exploration. By comparison, highly qualified climate scientists are paid peanuts.

What surprises me is how relatively few climate scientists have been bought off by the oil corps in their efforts to introduce doubt into what is settled science.

Only about 3% is it.?

Given the dosh the fossil fuel guys have got to splash around I think it speaks quite highly of the integrity of all.those scientists who refuse to be bought.

Top Bottom