Can the (Met) police ever change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

You never heard of a sting operation before or undercover cops or bait cars or capture houses used to catch criminals?
Do you think it's all good work they do,should they not be called out when they cross certain lines ? I'd hate to think they were entrapping young lads into crimes they wouldn't otherwise commit.
Why do so many on here seem to be anti-Police, I bet you would soon be on the phone if you were robbed or beat up in the street.
Anti police or anti corruption.Why shouldn't I call the police,I pay my taxes.They work for me don't they ?
And before anyone goes off on one I've been subject to Police brutality as a 15 yr old kid but it taught me an important lesson, don't think you're Billy big bollox at a football match.
So what....is that meant to show how the police earn respect.

D

Deleted member 28

"They work for me" second only to the "do you know who I am" statement on the 'how to make me look like a complete co*k' list.

I guess you think Doctors, Nurses, Firefighters and all the armed forces work for you too.

I bet you use the phrase 'I pay your wages ' as well.

D

Deleted member 49

They work for me" second only to the "do you know who I am" statement on the 'how to make me look like a complete co*k' list.
Good job the police taught you that so called important lesson.Wouldnt want you coming over like a complete co*k 🙄
I guess you think Doctors, Nurses, Firefighters and all the armed forces work for you too.
Who pays for public services ? I'm all for funding them adequately.You seem to be against strikes and paying them what they deserve.
I bet you use the phrase 'I pay your wages ' as well.
Nope...think you'll find thats what you've come up with.Nice try though.

Ian H

Guru
Is it?

You never heard of a sting operation before or undercover cops or bait cars or capture houses used to catch criminals?

Why do so many on here seem to be anti-Police, I bet you would soon be on the phone if you were robbed or beat up in the street.

And before anyone goes off on one I've been subject to Police brutality as a 15 yr old kid but it taught me an important lesson, don't think you're Billy big bollox at a football match.
Met commissioner Sir Mark Rowley said -
"I have about 100 officers in the organisation who have very restrictive conditions on them because, frankly, we don't trust them to talk to members of the public and it's completely mad that I have to employ people like that as police officers who you can't trust to have contact with the public, it's ridiculous."
He said about 500 officers of the 3,000 were suspended or on restricted duties. He told presenter Nick Robinson he was unable throw them out of the force, due to restricted powers available to him.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63684172

mudsticks

Squire
Met commissioner Sir Mark Rowley said -
"I have about 100 officers in the organisation who have very restrictive conditions on them because, frankly, we don't trust them to talk to members of the public and it's completely mad that I have to employ people like that as police officers who you can't trust to have contact with the public, it's ridiculous."
He said about 500 officers of the 3,000 were suspended or on restricted duties. He told presenter Nick Robinson he was unable throw them out of the force, due to restricted powers available to him.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-63684172

Great, so 'The Great British Taxpayer' (we) is funding complete wronguns.

How did this come to pass, why are they 'unsackable'??

No wonder some cops think they're above the law ..

Btw Ian, you weren't out and about in the lower reaches of the valley last night were you?

I espied a posse of 'serious' looking cyclists abroad after dark, and half thought one of them might have been yourself..

Ian H

Guru

No wonder some cops think they're above the law ..

Btw Ian, you weren't out and about in the lower reaches of the valley last night were you?

I espied a posse of 'serious' looking cyclists abroad after dark, and half thought one of them might have been yourself..

Don't think so. Just two of us pootling home from the Cannon via Tipton. Dunno whether the official Wheelers' ride went ahead as lots of them were making excuses. There are several other groups (including one run by a known criminal - but let's not go there).

mudsticks

Squire
Don't think so. Just two of us pootling home from the Cannon via Tipton. Dunno whether the official Wheelers' ride went ahead as lots of them were making excuses. There are several other groups (including one run by a known criminal - but let's not go there).

How intriguing, cycling nerdowells ..

Yup I'm pretty sure it was you.
Location fits. 👍🏼

Ian H

Guru
How intriguing, cycling nerdowells ..

Yup I'm pretty sure it was you.
Location fits. 👍🏼
I've been rumbled. Broadclyst next week.

icowden

Legendary Member
I would imagine it is the usual issue when trying to sack public sector workers - employment protection is such that you really have to have a strong case for dismissal including written warnings etc before you can get rid of people. You can know that they are useless, horrible people, but actually getting rid of them is much more difficult.

mudsticks

Squire
I would imagine it is the usual issue when trying to sack public sector workers - employment protection is such that you really have to have a strong case for dismissal including written warnings etc before you can get rid of people. You can know that they are useless, horrible people, but actually getting rid of them is much more difficult.

Yeah I can see how that would be.
Along with the whole 'closing ranks' attitudes that can arise.

Well at least these people are under some scrutiny and not allowed to interact with the public.

Maybe it's a long overdue start of a culture change of sorts.

Must be horribly frustrating if you are trying to be that decent cop, though.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Isn't that what is called "Employee's Rights" or something like that? Nothing stopping them (Employer) from following the correct procedure, and, dismissing such individuals, if they really want to.

icowden

Legendary Member
Isn't that what is called "Employee's Rights" or something like that? Nothing stopping them (Employer) from following the correct procedure, and, dismissing such individuals, if they really want to.

Whilst that is true, there may not be enough objective evidence to sack someone who is odious. Being odious isn't a sackable offence, and quite often you have to find that person different duties rather than just sacking them.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Whilst that is true, there may not be enough objective evidence to sack someone who is odious. Being odious isn't a sackable offence, and quite often you have to find that person different duties rather than just sacking them.

What a shame, you mean you have to PROVE someone is a wrong-un, before you can sack them, rather than just sacking them because you find them "odious". I blame the EU, it is all this human rights and employment stuff to blame. Wasn't like this in the old days when you could just sack people at will, for being the wrong religion/colour/gender/etc

Top Bottom