Can the (Met) police ever change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You genuinely think once informed of the restraining order she would just turn around and go back home?

I don’t know for sure but I think it likely she knew she would be arrested. The tactic relies on overwhelming the police and justice system.

D

Deleted member 28

I don’t know for sure but I think it likely she knew she would be arrested. The tactic relies on overwhelming the police and justice system.

Oh right, that's OK then.

Be moaning next about tax payers money being wasted on court cases.

mudsticks

Squire
Show me where you said " they should have handcuffed her rather than just holding her wrist" and once again what is 'weird ' about it?

What do you think his motive was?
Still waiting for you to show me where I said he was sexually assaulting her.

But because you can't, you've chosen to ignore me

Next up it'll be 'bored now' or other avoidance tactics.

Lest anyone has forgotten, here's the post that started this whole thread off.

And shows why many women have no wish to be in the vicinity of male police officers, let alone have them touching them unnecessarily.

That level of mistrust is entirely the doing of those officers, and their colleagues who turn a blind eye.

I don't expect this is limited to the Met but after recent incidents, including the conviction of one of their own for the abduction, rape and murder of a woman, I would have hoped they'd be doing everything possible to get rid of misogyny within their ranks.

This information from Fiona Hamilton of The Times suggests it's got a long way to go.

(Warning: Contains disturbing dialogue between police officers.)

View: https://twitter.com/Fhamiltontimes/status/1488475474628120579?s=20&t=gSOGwXPkw9n72cmbf5mq2A

D

Deleted member 28

But because you can't, you've chosen to ignore me

Next up it'll be 'bored now' or other avoidance tactics.

Lest anyone has forgotten, here's the post that started this whole thread off.

And shows why many women have no wish to be in the vicinity of male police officers, let alone have them touching them unnecessarily.

That level of mistrust is entirely the doing of those officers, and their colleagues who turn a blind eye.

Who said that?

D

Deleted member 28

Here's a tip for her then, stay at home and spend time with your son enjoying his childhood and refrain from making a c**t of yourself in front of the entire country and then you might just be able to avoid the very officers that repulse you so much.

mudsticks

Squire
Here's a tip for her then, stay at home and spend time with your son enjoying his childhood and refrain from making a c**t of yourself in front of the entire country and then you might just be able to avoid the very officers that repulse you so much.

Yes, top marks for telling on yourself for being a total arris. 👍🏼

Not that it was ever in any doubt mind.

D

Deleted member 28

Unless they’re ornamental, who needs women in politics anyway, amirite?

Didn't know she was 'in politics '?

D

Deleted member 28

Yeah we already get where you are coming from, Sheppy.

Thought there was a young son somewhere?

My Wife had a 30yr career in Nursing which funnily enough didn't happen by staying at home so that's blew your theory of me out the water, must try harder.

mudsticks

Squire
Didn't know she was 'in politics '?
If you're actively campaigning on a political issue, such as getting faster action on climate change then of course you're "in politics'

What's so hard to understand about that.??
Thought there was a young son somewhere?

My Wife had a 30yr career in Nursing which funnily enough didn't happen by staying at home so that's blew your theory of me out the water, must try harder
No it's you that must try harder.

Why do you bring up staying home with her kid, as you're fully aware that.there are plenty of people besides a mother who can look after a child some of the time.

It's almost (totally) as if you're trying to deflect from the issue of the Met being demonstrably untrustworthy around women.

You seem to be massively unconcerned about that part, which is in fact the main subject of this thread.

And that our reaction to their 'repulsive behaviour' should be
'Just stay home, don't go out, and dont get involved in anything'

Very much like the old 'she was asking for it' trope.

Let’s be clear. The reason handcuffs should be used after arrest is that it complies with police policy in a way that weird pre-arrest touching doesn’t. I’m not a fan of the policy but while it exists they should be bound by and judged against it.
Is it really that weird? It was not weird, the next step usually made in one solid movement it the force her arm to her back and put on the handcuffs. It seems the officer is kind of surprised she is giving an interview and therefore waits a some time with completing his move(which we don't see him complete in the clip) which make it look weird.. But the way he is holding her on itself isn't weird on itself, it's how they typically perform the move of getting someone arms behind their back.
You don’t need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Yet you leave out the part that says their is action is taken on the basis of the video footage. So you wind blows comment is just a other from off police bashing. nothing less nothing more.

I hate to piss on your cornflakes but bodycams are no guarantee of compliance. Cops (US) will still lie about events even when the video evidence is to the contrary.
I never intended to claim they did, especially not with the US police as their problems are to big and complex ranging from the much bigger chance of an armed conflict with an suspect due to the Us crazy gun laws to the fact that there are quite a lot of cops who are to say it very carefully not that smart, and anything in between. And arming not so smart persons with heavy weapons is never an good idea, However it is an step into getting them to be more accountable, in the us it still gets a lot more cases solved/looked into then it did before those cam being mandatory. But it's not an watertight systems.
Here is a blind man being arrested because he knew his rights, so the sergeant tells his colleague to “put him in jail for resisting”. The man complied with their requests as far as he had to but declined (as is his right) to show identification. For this he was held in custody for 26 hours. The officers have since been disciplined; suspension for both and a demotion for the sergeant.
yeah and if i go cherry pick throught all those footage available i'm sure it's possible to prove more than enough cases where they did work, but yes there are unfortnually us cops that are unfit for their job, in this case it seems to be a few falling under that group.

You claimed sexual abuse, in one of your generalizing post, apparently you repeat that so much you don't remember it yourself.

Top Bottom