Can the (Met) police ever change?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

I've already said what I think about the general vibe of the encounter. Unless more information is published neither of us can be sure about motivations during this one incident, hence the careful and measured language.

So all you have to offer is you think it's 'weird '.

No thought on any of the other suggestions as to why she wasn't handcuffed just 'weird '?

No thought on any of the other suggestions as to why she wasn't handcuffed just 'weird '?

We're back to you not reading choosing not to understand the words I've written.

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
I can offer...
Weird. Unneccessary. Strange. Uncomfortable. Out of place. Not seemingly logical. Optically poor. Odd. Patriarchal.

Does that help?

None of us know *why* she wasn't cuffed nor *why* she was held onto like she was a small child. However many of us have observed that it doesn't look terribly positive, and it seems out of place with what people would expect to happen, thus giving rise to some curiosity.

D

Deleted member 28

I can offer...
Weird. Unneccessary. Strange. Uncomfortable. Out of place. Not seemingly logical. Optically poor. Odd. Patriarchal.

Does that help?

None of us know *why* she wasn't cuffed nor *why* she was held onto like she was a small child. However many of us have observed that it doesn't look terribly positive, and it seems out of place with what people would expect to happen, thus giving rise to some curiosity.

Nothing of any substance at all then?

He's a copper preventing her from doing something she wants to do so it will be 'uncomfortable ' so it's not 'out of place ' and is definitely 'necessary ' it's 'logical' if the alternative is cuffing her and as for 'optically poor' WTF is that supposed to mean anyway?

D

Deleted member 28

However many of us have observed that it doesn't look terribly positive, and it seems out of place with what people would expect to happen, thus giving rise to some curiosity.

She's been arrested, according to the title, so I don't suppose it is very 'positive ' and I'm assuming the 'expectation ' by the 'people ' would to have her slapped in Irons rather than a more gentle form of restraint?

I think deep down what you're all desperate to say is that this copper has some deep, seedy, underlying reason for holding onto her arm but don't want to be the first to say it because you're going look even more ridiculous.

icowden

Legendary Member
He's a copper preventing her from doing something she wants to do so it will be 'uncomfortable ' so it's not 'out of place ' and is definitely 'necessary ' it's 'logical' if the alternative is cuffing her and as for 'optically poor' WTF is that supposed to mean anyway?
I'm not convinced that he is stopping her from doing anything. She is being very civil and engaging in discourse in the clip.

D

Deleted member 28

I'm not convinced that he is stopping her from doing anything. She is being very civil and engaging in discourse in the clip.

She's being arrested so why do you think he's doing that?

Restraining order perchance, In which case I can only imagine he's stopping her from going where she isn't supposed to.

Haven't we done this already?

icowden

Legendary Member
She's being arrested so why do you think he's doing that?
It would appear that she is complying with the arrest rather than trying to do a runner. That's why I don't think he should be doing that.
Restraining order perchance, In which case I can only imagine he's stopping her from going where she isn't supposed to.
He has already done that by informing her (presumably).
Haven't we done this already?
Yes, but some of us seem to be a little slow in working out what is being said :whistle:

OP
OP
glasgowcyclist

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
So it shows why camera's work insted of the opposite,

I hate to piss on your cornflakes but bodycams are no guarantee of compliance. Cops (US) will still lie about events even when the video evidence is to the contrary.

Here is a blind man being arrested because he knew his rights, so the sergeant tells his colleague to “put him in jail for resisting”. The man complied with their requests as far as he had to but declined (as is his right) to show identification. For this he was held in custody for 26 hours. The officers have since been disciplined; suspension for both and a demotion for the sergeant.

View: https://twitter.com/chadloder/status/1589290371577937922?s=61&t=Z3D7xE8kwzcZPMpyM-8Pdg

In the end the camera showed the cops were lying in their written statements but that didn’t prevent this man spending over a day in jail unjustifiably.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
One last try.

If she has breached her bail conditions I believe they are entitled to arrest her. Handcuffs are the usual means of reducing the risk of an arrested person being violent or absconding. I would expect her to be walked to a nearby vehicle to be transported away from the area or to a police station for processing. It appears that in the clip she has not been arrested but instead we see the strange, unnecessary, and troubling wrist grip. I say that people that present little risk should not have to suffer unwanted and prolonged physical contact from police officers or anyone else. The fact that this is a young woman resonates with other incidents in which innocent women have been harmed.

My opinion is based on the video clip we have both watched. Neither of us knows for sure what happened before or after the recording, which is why I very deliberately described it as troubling and weird but have not alleged misconduct.

It may have escaped your attention, but, the lady in question is holding an umbrella in that hand, perhaps the police Officer decided to forestall a possible assault with the umbrella? But, as you quite rightly say, we don't know what happened before or after.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I can offer...

Does that help?

Which "people" would that be then?

D

Deleted member 28

Let's just imagine then that this law abiding lady who has been banned from going into Central London really wants to once again cause a bit of mischief, said officer duly points out that she can't in fact carry on her journey.

Do you honestly think a polite request would encourage her turn around and go back home, I would imagine not.

She's been arrested so I think that speaks for itself, don't you?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 28

Yes, but some of us seem to be a little slow in working out what is being said :whistle:

I know, that's why I'm persevering.

You genuinely think once informed of the restraining order she would just turn around and go back home?

Funny how the filming only starts from after she's been 'weirdly ' held onto and not from the very first contact between her and the Police, perhaps not such a good publicity stunt.

If I was her I'd concentrate on spending a bit more time with her son that she's so desperately trying to improve the life of.

Top Bottom