Brexit is going wonderfully as shown by these examples

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

To be fair I think most senior Tories on the leave side were only in it either for the money or* political gan...and mostly both....

* @matticus

The Crofted Crest

Just before we spotted some spicey Donc lads in Klosters a couple of weeks ago, I took the car to the garage for a service. Last week we went to London. Typed in the address and the satnav drew a blank. The address didn't exist. London didn't exist. England didn't exist. On the map, the world ended at the Channel. The garage said the satnav update had expunged the UK from the standard Euro map package. There's sovereignty for you.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Just read the article, being 1.4 km from the German border in Austria and the article ended with the following:

We’ve got you.

The Guardian is funded by readers like you in Austria and the only person who decides what we publish is our editor.

What really bothered me was when they added we really hope you are enjoying your pizza ...

slowmotion

We went by Eurostar and TGV to Tours in France. A litre bottle of gin cost £12 at the duty-free in St Pancras. The same cost 22 euros at the giant supermarket in Tours.

Cheer up! It's not all bad.

multitool

Shaman
I wonder if the middle-aged+ Brexiter gammonati have yet had the perspicacity to realise that their vote was in essence the result of a simple, binary view of British imperial history that has nothing to do with wanting to understand the past, and everything to do with viewing the Empire simply as a matter of contemporary pride in their version of national identity?

And how is their vision of national identity now?

Dented? Or are they doubling-down on the historical revisionism offered up by culture war chancers like Kemi Badenoch?

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...k-wealth-not-from-white-privilege-colonialism

the snail

I wonder if the middle-aged+ Brexiter gammonati have yet had the perspicacity to realise that their vote was in essence the result of a simple, binary view of British imperial history that has nothing to do with wanting to understand the past, and everything to do with viewing the Empire simply as a matter of contemporary pride in their version of national identity?

And how is their vision of national identity now?

Dented? Or are they doubling-down on the historical revisionism offered up by culture war chancers like Kemi Badenoch?

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...k-wealth-not-from-white-privilege-colonialism

I think you'll need to rephrase that in words of one syllable or less for the gammons...

Top Bottom