Bojo on good form

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swansonj

Regular
To have a chance at running the country you first need to get yourself elected.

You can have all the earnest and well meaning polices in the world, but if no bugger votes for you you are peeing in the wind.

Boris is at his best when he does what he's good at.
I agree with you that Johnson is a skilful communicator.

Do you think he is
(A) a good prime minister?
(B) a good human being?

Interesting Johnson anecdote from Jeremy Vine https://reaction.life/jeremy-vine-my-boris-story/

Plus in light of the increase in National Insurance that workers and employers will be paying, a timely reminder about what an odious gaslighting liar this charlatan really is...
brexit-so-far-1.jpg

Lying daffodil.

D

Deleted member 49

Brilliant speech by Boris to close the Conservative Party conference.

Light on policy - as it should be for that arena - but lots of Bojo witticisms and lampooning of opponents.

Starmer was characterised as Captain Hindsight, and if Columbus had listened to him he would be famous for discovering Tenerife.

Labour Party members were called 'Sellotape spectacled Corbynistas', who had made a 'raucous chorus about AUKUS, an idea so plainly good the Labour Conference voted against it'.

Corbyn was described as 'corduroyed Commie cosmonaut' who had finally been blasted into orbit by the electorate.

Boris made a joke about himself and Rees Mogg doing nothing to assist the meeting of immigration population reduction targets, and he got a rousing cheer for a skit about what Ian Blackford could do with high speed broadband at his croft on Skye.

I ploughed through some of Starmer's conference effort, but he could truly send a glass eye to sleep.

Boris showed today that when he's on form, there's no comparison.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...nleash-uks-spirit-in-upbeat-conference-speech
Bring back the Wheeltappers and shunters club !

the snail

https://www.theguardian.com/busines...aders-pm-tory-conference-speech-boris-johnson

Hasn't gone down well with people who actually know what they're talking about.
Yep, typical Johnson, a lot of waffle to please the uncritical tory fan boys, but nothing of substance to address the mess he's created. I think the tory party is getting the knives sharpened as we speak, and he'll get it in the back if there's no improvement by xmas. My guess is they'll try to put the blame for brexit onto Johnson, then try to go into the next election with someone new. Dunno who though - Sunak was talked about, but once the NI tax hike hits, he may not be too popular.

Archie_tect

Behind Johnson's Cabinet sits a Civil Service in total disarray... they can't manage the country without a plan... there isn't one.

the snail

from the Grauniad
Opinium released the figures for their poll on the Starmer speech last week. This is how they compare with the figures for Johnson.

Agreed with what he had to say

Starmer
Agreed: 63%
Disagreed: 29%
Net: +34

Johnson
Agreed: 51%
Disagreed: 41%
Net: +10

Came across as strong

Starmer
Strong: 57%
Weak: 26%
Net: +31

Johnson
Strong: 53%
Weak: 30%
Net: +23

Seemed to care about ordinary people

Starmer
Cares: 68%
Doesn’t care: 19%
Net: +49

Johnson
Cares: 46%
Doesn’t care: 42%
Net: +4

Seemed to be in touch with people’s concerns

Starmer

In touch: 60%
Out of touch: 29%
Net: +31

Johnson
In touch: 44%
Out of touch: 45%
Net: -1

Seemed interesting

Starmer

Interesting: 41%
Boring: 28%
Net: +13

Johnson
Interesting: 40%
Boring: 22%
Net: +18

OP
OP
Pale Rider

Pale Rider

Veteran
Placeholder for BeyondThePale Rider to say that he doesn’t care as long as he upsets the whining lefties.

The volley of cretinous abuse of Johnson on here tells me Boris hit the right note, although I knew that already.

I'd like to ask that Labour lass what she thought of it, the reply would no doubt lose the party another load of votes.

Archie_tect

I'd like to ask that Labour lass what she thought of it, the reply would no doubt lose the party another load of votes.
`To be fair , probably in equal measure to the effect Boris 's speeches have on the rest of electorate- in that the man on the ominbus bound for Clapham no longer believes politicians anymore and they are 'all as bad as each other'.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
The volley of cretinous abuse of Johnson on here tells me Boris hit the right note, although I knew that already.

''The right note'' for a conference of nervous delegates, worried that the government had lost the inflationary war, both in fuel costs and wages, worried also about shortages on shop shelves at Christmas, slaughtered pigs, the cutback in UC. In other words a brief moment of fantasy. Hey, let's present inflation and other areas of chaos as merely part of the adjustment to a high-wage, high-skills economy.

It's like he's riding a spooked horse and shouting ''Hey, this is where we're going'' simply because the horse is galloping in that direction.

Top Bottom