Benefits Again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I see what you did there 😄
I seem to remember it being the title of a fairly terrible Eric Idle film back in the mid 90s or something.

Milzy

I know this man who got sacked from work for always having huge chunks of time off. His daughter has autism so they get benefits for her. He claims mental health so on some kind of disability allowance. The fact is he’s working cash in hand for a small building company. Completely screwing the system. He’s one of many thousands executing that old trick. It’s hard to stop though.

winjim

I'd prioritise sorting out government fraud against the working class over working class fraud against the government.

That said, I wouldn't employ a cash in hand tradesperson for fear of having no legal recourse should they decide to commit fraud against me.

winjim

Blimey, has your account been hacked?

They say you become more right wing as you get older. If anything I'm becoming more anarchistic.

Pale Rider

Veteran
If anything I'm becoming more anarchistic.

But I see that anarchic tendency doesn't stretch so far as to be fearful of crime, but only when it's committed against yourself.

That said, I wouldn't employ a cash in hand tradesperson for fear of having no legal recourse should they decide to commit fraud against me.

Yet more hypocrisy.

Don't you get that we are all victims of benefits fraud?

The fact that we can all afford to make a donation of a few pence to a thief is not an excuse to make the payment.

winjim

But I see that anarchic tendency doesn't stretch so far as to be fearful of crime, but only when it's committed against yourself.

Yet more hypocrisy.

Don't you get that we are all victims of benefits fraud?

The fact that we can all afford to make a donation of a few pence to a thief is not an excuse to make the payment.

Do you still support this government? Because if you do you can get to f*ck.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Do you still support this government? Because if you do you can get to f*ck.

Yet more temper tantrums simply because of a reasonable challenge.

Perhaps it's all part of your anarchist schtick, but honestly Jimjim, you are hardly the Manson family.

If you really mean you support benefits fraud and despise those seeking to stop it, I suggest you go to the same destination to which you've just invited me.

winjim

Yet more temper tantrums simply because of a reasonable challenge.

Perhaps it's all part of your anarchist schtick, but honestly Jimjim, you are hardly the Manson family.

If you really mean you support benefits fraud and despise those seeking to stop it, I suggest you go to the same destination to which you've just invited me.

I was asking your position on the current administration because IIRC you claim to have voted for a previous incarnation of it.

If you no longer support it in its current form then maybe it would be possible to have a sensible discussion about the rights and wrongs of alleged benefit fraud. But I somehow doubt it.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I was asking your position on the current administration because IIRC you claim to have voted for a previous incarnation of it.

If you no longer support it in its current form then maybe it would be possible to have a sensible discussion about the rights and wrongs of alleged benefit fraud. But I somehow doubt it.

Why is the. decision on the rights, or, wrongs of benefit fraud dependant on which political party or government one supports, surely, benefit fraud is wrong, regardless of who you vote for or who is in power?

Top Bottom