'At Pace'....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It is a phrase which appears to have been around for a while.

As mentioned above, by another poster, it is Civil Service Documents, unfortunately, this one is undated, as far as I can see.

That, or competency profiles derived from it, may well be what I was thinking of.

It may well have been current when I left the CS eight years ago, I cannot remember. It's certainly been in use re posts my son has applied for.

The Crofted Crest

One I've heard recently in different environments is 'a rising tide floats all boats'.

I first heard that, repeated ad nauseum to the mass cheers of ranked gammons, during the Thatcher/Tebbit Dark Ages. Two seconds simple thought reveals it as a vacuous lie. Like most Tory slogans. The full slogan was a rising tide lifts all boats.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I first heard that, repeated ad nauseum to the mass cheers of ranked gammons, during the Thatcher/Tebbit Dark Ages. Two seconds simple thought reveals it as a vacuous lie. Like most Tory slogans. The full slogan was a rising tide lifts all boats.

Calm down, there really is no need - or point - at squawking at Tories/gammons in every post.

Practically, the phrase is correct.

In a tidal harbour all the small boats will be in the mud at low tide.

The rising tide will float them.

The phrase was used by the chief executive of the England Cricket Board in relation to the 100 tournament last summer.

He reckons its success will also help promote cricket generally.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Calm down, there really is no need - or point - in trumpeting your unwavering, unquestioning, uncritical support for a corrupt, incompetent and self-enriching Tory/gammon government in every post.

You carry on with your playground name calling of Conservatives.

But pause in between exhaling the hot air to remember the current composition of the House of Commons.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
I wish to go on public record that I have never heard of the term 'at pace'.

I am reaching out for someone to explain it to me.

Cirrus

I wish to go on public record that I have never heard of the term 'at pace'.

I am reaching out for someone to explain it to me.
Im Tempo?

lazybloke

Regular
I've yet to hear anyone claim to 'serve' in the Health Service or Civil Service or Financial Services, people just have jobs.
Yes, when people describe their own work, I'd expect them to say "job".

But the concept of service is also there. Eg most employers have a long service award scheme. I don't see any problem with that.

Cirrus

"To serve" puts me in mind of this twilight zone episode... To Serve Man (The Twilight Zone) - Wikipedia

Top Bottom