Arthur Labinjo-Hughes: A life cut short by cruelty

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
Only after you chirped in with some of your Worldly wisdom.

Which is,

of course,

of no consequence right??

Why do you imagine you know better than anyone else??

How does it feel, to be so very certain ??

Or are you just not used to being challenged ?

D

Deleted member 28

Which is,

of course,

of no consequence right??

Why do you imagine you know better than anyone else??

How does it feel, to be so very certain ??

Or are you just not used to being challenged ?
Certain of what exactly in this instance?

You took it on board to comment on something I had said, which isn't a problem, I then reminded you of a time I did the same to you but on that occasion you said 'I wasn't talking to you ' so I dealt you the same card.

D

Deleted member 28

Anyhow, seems we've strayed from the point of this thread so feel free to have the last word (married 25yrs so know how it works) and let's get back on track.

mudsticks

Squire
Certain of what exactly in this instance?

You took it on board to comment on something I had said, which isn't a problem, I then reminded you of a time I did the same to you but on that occasion you said 'I wasn't talking to you ' so I dealt you the same card.

Yes you've just admitted your own false equivalence..

Well done 👍🏼

mudsticks

Squire
Anyhow, seems we've strayed from the point of this thread so feel free to have the last word (married 25yrs so know how it works) and let's get back on track.

What has 'married for 25 years' got to do with anything??

I have sympathy for your wife, but j guess (or hope) she's developed some coping strategies over the years.

Anyway, I only stopped by to express some gratitude for those social workers who are doing as good a job as they can, in very difficult circs .

Not to engage in a pointless back and forth, with a self confessed troll.

Bye.

fozy tornip

fozympotent
Only after you chirped in with some of your Worldly wisdom.
Chirp up or chip in.
Chirp in - or chip up for that matter - not so much.

D

Deleted member 28

Chirp up or chip in.
Chirp in - or chip up for that matter - not so much.
Who are you, the chirp meister?

Birds chirp where I come from and she joined IN the conversation so it's good enough for me.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I try my hardest.

I am quite sure you do.

But....

The "overworked Social Worker" has been a "thing" for most of my adult life (I am 74). I know the Conservatives may have been in Government for the majority of that time, but, not ALL the time. My experiences of Social Services have been spread over the past 45-50 years. In my experience, no matter which party was in power, or what funding levels were in place, little of nothing has changed at "the sharp end" ie the interface with the public.

In short, it appears to me, shouting "Boris is crap" (which, I agree, he is) will not "fix" the situation, so, whilst it might relieve a bit of frustration, it will do little of nothing to improve the situation.

Just quoting one of your favourite lines, yes I can provide a link. 😉

My posts in here are usually made seriously and after giving the issue some thought.

My judgement was that the first post (Milzy?) was based on pub or dinner table anecdotes; the usual stuff about public sector skivers etc. My 'cool story' response reflected that.

Hitchington's account is first hand and tallies with other reputable or indeed impeccable sources. By impeccable I mean the Laming report on Climbie and the decision of the tribunal that reinstated the Climbie social worker Lisa Arthurworrey.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I am quite sure you do.

But....

The "overworked Social Worker" has been a "thing" for most of my adult life (I am 74). I know the Conservatives may have been in Government for the majority of that time, but, not ALL the time. My experiences of Social Services have been spread over the past 45-50 years. In my experience, no matter which party was in power, or what funding levels were in place, little of nothing has changed at "the sharp end" ie the interface with the public.

In short, it appears to me, shouting "Boris is crap" (which, I agree, he is) will not "fix" the situation, so, whilst it might relieve a bit of frustration, it will do little of nothing to improve the situation.
We can only have a go at the government of the day, or the last 12 years. If it was May, Cameron or anyone else in charge there would still be justifiable cause for complaint. The fact that austerity, which was not Boris’s individual responsibility, has worsened the situation is also legitimate cause for concern.
Yes, it is true that successive governments have nothing to boast about in this field, and I do not have figures to show whether it improved or worsened under the only Labour government in the last 40 years, but this one has been in power for a long time and perhaps we should have seen some improvement by now.
You agree that Boris is crap, and know that he is the man in charge, so what is the problem in shouting both those things out.
More people finally realising that Boris is crap, some of them even shouting it, will improve the situation if it either gets him out or improves the situation.
Constantly criticising people for criticising the leader of the government is even less likely to improve the situation, even if that is couched in terms of trying to be even handed.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
We can only have a go at the government of the day, or the last 12 years. If it was May, Cameron or anyone else in charge there would still be justifiable cause for complaint. The fact that austerity, which was not Boris’s individual responsibility, has worsened the situation is also legitimate cause for concern.
Yes, it is true that successive governments have nothing to boast about in this field, and I do not have figures to show whether it improved or worsened under the only Labour government in the last 40 years, but this one has been in power for a long time and perhaps we should have seen some improvement by now.
You agree that Boris is crap, and know that he is the man in charge, so what is the problem in shouting both those things out.
More people finally realising that Boris is crap, some of them even shouting it, will improve the situation if it either gets him out or improves the situation.
Constantly criticising people for criticising the leader of the government is even less likely to improve the situation, even if that is couched in terms of trying to be even handed.

How will it "improve the situation" (in the area in question), if the incoming Government (of which ever party) are equally inept, which appears to have been the case for the past 50 years?

Could it even be, that, in Social Services, there is a deeper malady, which shovelling money will not fix?

My point is, there appears to be a belief that a Labour Government will lead to a Utopian situation, all I am saying, is, in my 74 years (with several periods of Labour Government) this has not been so. That, by the way, does not make me a Conservative, or, "right wing" (IMHO, of course).

Top Bottom