Anyone got any fuel?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
Thought I would answer the question, yes, boring, I know ;)

We have been "on holiday" (can you be, "on holiday" the you are retired?)

Left home with a full tank of diesel, on Sunday, due to drive 155 miles from to visit Grandchildren. Computer said we had 180 miles of fuel, a bit close for comfort.

Garage on A11 had small queue and no restriction on amount, so got a full tank, enough to get us home again, in a couple of weeks time.
Living close to the edge!

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Living close to the edge!

No, just living.... and.... answering the question. ;)

9795F830-C44E-4BD3-92EE-D5369351A4E2.jpeg

Beebo

Veteran
I’ve got 22 miles left and just done a drive round to 7 local petrol stations.
All were empty, how can they all be empty. It’s crazy.

qigong chimp

Settler of gobby hash.
World on fire; people fighting each other to pour on petrol.
Turned off after a few minutes of R4's 6 o'clock news yesterday once it became obvious no reference would be made to the global heating context. 'Reporter' did have time to shoe-horn in some exoneration of car dependents who choose to live in the sticks - at great remove from the places they need to go - with the usual "there's no public transport so what can you do?" hand washing.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
I know it's a bit of a schlep for you but Sainsburys in New Cross Gate had fuel today and on my way home I saw that another station on the Old Kent Road (at the bottom of Pomeroy Street) had fuel. If you're unhappy about driving the 8 or so miles down here for nothing, if you PM me, I'll have a look tomorrow to see where petrol's available and let you know.

Milkfloat

Not sure why you were driving around to 7 stations, you were just wasting what you have left.

Cirrus

It's calmed down somewhat where I am. I got some early Friday eve as I was off to Rutland for a long weekend and it was busy but not manic. A few friends tried after I got some and had to queue for ages.

Rutland had plenty but by Monday they were running low, at least that was my observation.

Got back today and although the local stations were busy there wasn't queuing off of the forecourts, I got some easily enough though (ASDA) there was a £30 limit.

Edited as I posted before finishing!

Last edited:

Beebo

Veteran
Not sure why you were driving around to 7 stations, you were just wasting what you have left.
Yes. But what else should I do. I haven’t panicked all week and carried on as normal as I was instructed to do. At some point you have to make the call that you need petrol. But you have to drive to a station get petrol.

I now have £30 of fuel for which I queued for 1 and half hours this morning. Total waste of my time and completely unnecessary.

Milkfloat

Yes. But what else should I do. I haven’t panicked all week and carried on as normal as I was instructed to do. At some point you have to make the call that you need petrol. But you have to drive to a station get petrol.

I now have £30 of fuel for which I queued for 1 and half hours this morning. Total waste of my time and completely unnecessary.
Sit it out and try to reduce driving as much as possible, supplies will be back within a day or two in most places. If you really are desperate then keep an eye in local Facebook sites.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I was driving past a Tesco store today and noticed that there were no queues at all so popped in and filled the Yeti up.

We are driving to north London next week to see my daughter/ and granddaughter with some belated birthday presents and a reconditioned, slightly larger balance bike as kids seem to grow like weeds these days. Probably unnecessarily concerned, but there and back takes less than a full tank, I didn't want to take any chances with the fuel stations, and it is unlikely I will need to drive it before that trip.

Top Bottom