Angela Rayner was spot on.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Veteran
Fabricant has been MP for Lichfield since 1992 and currently enjoys a majority of about 23,000.

I doubt he's too bothered about a few po-faced knackers on a cycling forum.

His tweet was insulting and abusive to those fleeing harm.

I'm genuinely curious - is there any country in the world from which people are not 'fleeing harm'?

mudsticks

Squire

But maybe that’s okay because they’re not voters.

Ah but ,cheap shots at the already struggling.?

Some people love that kind of shoot.

Being horrible to people less fortunate never fails to amuse, or please some people.

But object to that and you've got 'no sense of humour'

Or you're hating on the haters. :wacko:

spen666

But maybe that’s okay because they’re not voters.

completely different point.

you carry on insulting and abusing the electorate. It clearly is a strategy that is working. A more sensible person would be looking at their approach and wondering why it is producing electoral defeat after electoral defeat.

It does seem rather foolish to continue the same failing approach of abusing and insulting those you need to vote for you if you want power.

Its nothing to do with policies, but conduct towards the electorate

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Ah, it's different when Tories do it. Sorry, I forgot.

you carry on insulting and abusing the electorate. It clearly is a strategy that is working. A more sensible person would be looking at their approach and wondering why it is producing electoral defeat after electoral defeat.

It does seem rather foolish to continue the same failing approach of abusing and insulting those you need to vote for you if you want power.

Whut?

People vote Tory because a guy on the internet thinks one of them's a dickhead?!

spen666

Ah, it's different when Tories do it. Sorry, I forgot.

Whut?

People vote Tory because a guy on the internet thinks one of them's a dickhead?!

Carry on with the same offensive approach to the lectorate and see the results...Remind me how many general elections and referendums have the left won since 2010?

Insulting and abusing voters is not going to persuade them to vote for the policies you want them to support.

I'm not sure why you are so wedded to abusing and insulting the electorate whose votes are needed to get into power.

mudsticks

Squire

Correct me if I'm wrong but afaik GC isn't standing for election??

But if he (?) was I wouldn't have a problem voting for him, he seems to have a reasonable toolbox of ethics to hand .

I've already volunteered to leaflet for Archie..
My boy could do for GC..

Many politicians, do however seem to find 'success' in abusing and insulting 'others'

Punching down on refugees, single mothers, benefit scroungers' , foreigners , the poor , the disadvantaged, any weaker target will do in general.

Anyone with a social conscience..
They can be a snowflake or whatever .

Such is the nature of people who bully for their own entertainment, or advantage.

The list of people they can sneer at, and make unfounded accusations about, and get people nodding along with the tabloid press is quite extensive.

None of that 'being successful' however, actually makes any of it 'right' though does it.??

It is in fact 'populism' right there.

Appealing to lowest common denominators and baser instincts, does seem to be a success story in terms of vote winning, in some places, right now.

See Trump etc.

But as we know, just because something is 'popular' it doesn't necessarily make it 'good' does it ??:rolleyes:

spen666

Correct me if I'm wrong but afaik GC isn't standing for election??

But if he (?) was I wouldn't have a problem voting for him, he seems to have a reasonable toolbox of ethics to hand .

I've already volunteered to leaflet for Archie..
My boy could do for GC..

Many politicians, do however seem to find 'success' in abusing and insulting 'others'

Punching down on refugees, single mothers, benefit scroungers' , foreigners , the poor , the disadvantaged, any weaker target will do in general.

Anyone with a social conscience..
They can be a snowflake or whatever .

Such is the nature of people who bully for their own entertainment, or advantage.

The list of people they can sneer at, and make unfounded accusations about, and get people nodding along with the tabloid press is quite extensive.

None of that 'being successful' however, actually makes any of it 'right' though does it.??

It is in fact 'populism' right there.

Appealing to lowest common denominators and baser instincts, does seem to be a success story in terms of vote winning, in some places, right now.

See Trump etc.

But as we know, just because something is 'popular' it doesn't necessarily make it 'good' does it ??:rolleyes:

Carry on with your tactics - they are having great success at the ballot box.

if you don't see the effects of your behaviour then nothing will ever change

mudsticks

Squire
Carry on with your tactics - they are having great success at the ballot box.

if you don't see the effects of your behaviour then nothing will ever change

I'm not 100% sure what you mean by 'my tactics'

Nor 'my behaviour'

But I'm not holding my breath for an explanation.

I'm not standing for election as an MP anyway .

I have stood for and been voted in for other stuff, multiple times as it happens .

But I never found that p*ss taking out of the disadvantaged did me any favours there, and I'm not about to start.

spen666

Nor 'my behaviour'

But I'm not holding my breath for an explanation.

I'm not standing for election as an MP anyway .

I have stood for and been voted in for other stuff, multiple times as it happens .

But I never found that p*ss taking out of the disadvantaged did me any favours there, and I'm not about to start.

enjoy opposition

matticus

Guru

Nor 'my behaviour'
In this context I'm pretty sure Spen means "the left" generally i.e. that Labour party that struggles to gain significant power/influence in UK Parliament.
In contrast to the Tories (who as you rightly point out, do tend towards "populist" strategies.)

You're both right correct on certain points!

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Carry on with the same offensive approach to the lectorate and see the results...Remind me how many general elections and referendums have the left won since 2010?

Insulting and abusing voters is not going to persuade them to vote for the policies you want them to support.

I'm not sure why you are so wedded to abusing and insulting the electorate whose votes are needed to get into power.

You pick a line and keep repeating it, even where it makes no sense.

How many of the electorate know my feelings on Fabricant?
10?
20?

Out of that number, how many care? (Not counting you.)

mudsticks

Squire
enjoy opposition

I don't know who you think I am, nor what I represent , but Im enjoying myself just fine thanks.

If you're saying come on why not join in the punching down , and making peurile jokes at the expense of people less well off , then no thanks.

I enjoy my self respect better :okay:

Top Bottom