American bombshell? Roe vs. Wade....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

George Carlin nailed it so many years ago and his video is going viral again.

View: https://youtu.be/nZdRMBTF-hQ

Dearly missed.

mudsticks

Squire
George Carlin nailed it so many years ago and his video is going viral again.

View: https://youtu.be/nZdRMBTF-hQ

Yup.

And see how angry he is ..??

See how vehemently he puts across the message, to whoops and applause.??

And "Right on brother.."

Imagine, then, being an actual real live woman, who has these idiots trying to tell you that your own body, is not in fact your own to have agency over..

Imagine how 'angry' that would make you??

But then 'curiously', if actual real live women, shout and scream and get really really fkkn angry about this massive injustice....??

"Oh dear, be 'reasonable' now, in fact better tone it down love..

..or you risk put them off from supporting 'your cause' getting all het up and 'angry' like that..."

🙄

If you're not incensed by all this, then quite frankly you're either not paying attention, your brain is dead, or even perhaps there's a little part of you that says..

"Hmmn maybe they have got a point, maybe we should be able to have at least 'a bit' of control over womens bodies.

And also be able to force or coerce them into carrying unwanted pregnancies.."

Or - as in some cases force or coerce them into having terminations 🤔

There's an underlying theme there isn't there..
Control the bodies, control the voices .

Control, control, control..

mudsticks

Squire
This was not, is not, and never will be the issue.

No?

Then what is it??

What gives you or anyone else the right to override my choices over what happens to my own body.?

What gives you, or any one else. the right to tell me that I must continue with an unwanted pregnancy, and that I must give birth to an unwanted child?

There are very safe and effective ways to terminate unwanted pregnancies.

To stand in the way of this means you are a forced birther, you give more agency to a foetus than the woman.

How can anyone think that's alright.??

If your religious or any other beliefs mean that you don't 'approve' of safe termination of unwanted pregnancies, then there's a simple answer to that.

Don't have a termination yourself.

Meanwhile 100% butt out of other peoples bodily autonomy..
Mind your own.

Actively defend the rights of others less able, to defend their own.

Women in the US will now die having unsafe terminations.

Women and children in the US will now suffer as a result of forced births.

All that blood and suffering is on the hands of the SCOTUS..

And on fanatics religious or otherwise who believe they have these rights of 'control'

Go on then, what is?

I'm looking forward to this...

Yup - entertaining stuff right enough,.

Watching women stick up for the rights of other womens lives and bodies..

All uphill

This was not, is not, and never will be the issue.

It seems to me that you @Unkraut are choosing to define "the issue" in a way that suits your argument. You thereby intentionally avoid facing the fact that a woman's body and life is affected by your policy.

I could just about understand an argument that says termination involves a woman and a foetus and looks at how to balance their needs, but excluding the woman from the "issue" is just plain misogynistic.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Guru
No?

Then what is it??

What gives you or anyone else the right to override my choices over what happens to my own body.?

What gives you, or any one else. the right to tell me that I must continue with an unwanted pregnancy, and that I must give birth to an unwanted child?

There are very safe and effective ways to terminate unwanted pregnancies.

To stand in the way of this means you are a forced birther, you give more agency to a foetus than the woman.

How can anyone think that's alright.??

If your religious or any other beliefs mean that you don't 'approve' of safe termination of unwanted pregnancies, then there's a simple answer to that.

Don't have a termination yourself.

Meanwhile 100% butt out of other peoples bodily autonomy..
Mind your own.

Actively defend the rights of others less able, to defend their own.

Women in the US will now die having unsafe terminations.

Women and children in the US will now suffer as a result of forced births.

All that blood and suffering is on the hands of the SCOTUS..

And on fanatics religious or otherwise who believe they have these rights of 'control'

Yup - entertaining stuff right enough,.

Watching women stick up for the rights of other womens lives and bodies..

Entertainment watching women stick-up for the rights of other women's lives and bodies...emphatically not.
Waiting to see how Unkers defends the indefensible is another matter.....

The truth will out....

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...r-white-life-trump?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

mudsticks

Squire
It seems to me that you @Unkraut are choosing to define "the issue" in a way that suits your argument. You thereby intentionally avoid facing the fact that a woman's body and life is affected by your policy.

I could just about understand an argument that says termination involves a woman and a foetus and looks at how to balance their needs, but excluding the woman from the "issue" is just plain misogynistic.

Ahh good old fashioned "Out there" misogyny..

Like 'The Good Old Days"

So refreshing, rather than all this covert stuff nowadays, and having to hide behind signs and ciphers eh??

Top Bottom