A win for Mr Depp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theclaud

Reading around the chip

D

Deleted member 49

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It's been an intriguing case to watch, but the jury have decided.

Mr Depp is getting $15m dollars off of the lying Ms Heard. She was found to have lied and 'acted with actual malice' in her attempt to libel Johnny Depp.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-61633236

Could be interesting for Disney next.......

I do like to see alternative opinions on here, but... can't say I agree, with the word "intriguing", two spoilt, overpaid children IMHO.

Hopefully, it will no longer clutter up the News Reports.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
I haven't been following it so can't say if the US jury heard different evidence to the UK judge in order to come to such a startlingly different conclusion, but it feels like the US case was very much tried in the court of public opinion, which is never a good thing.

''time's up'' and ''believe all women'' has gotten an reality check, that's why we have courts, not to random believe and twitter hastags but to follow evidence.

A little win for all men who are in the same situation as Johnny Depp was, just not as rich and hopefully from them not as addicted..

I think that's what I said...

congratulations to domestic abusers on a viable new strategy for defaming their accusers
Nope, Heard claimed to be abused without any evidence and now learned she did not get away with it. Nothing to do with so called defamation, she just gambled on Mr. Depp being the scapegoat and lost, not because Mr Depp is an angel but because of her own narcistic, lie-ing abusive personalty she now has shown the whole world her true colors, she could have kept it at the first settlement and move on(you know when she lied in front of a uk court she donated it all? that one), but she had to do the article that triggered this case and now we have hours of confessions, lies being exposed etc. etc.

I know it isn't popular to say these days but let me tell you this shocking revelation ''WOMEN CAN BE ABUSERS TOO''... and heard is certainly one of them.

PaulB

It's been an intriguing case to watch, but the jury have decided.

Mr Depp is getting $15m dollars off of the lying Ms Heard. She was found to have lied and 'acted with actual malice' in her attempt to libel Johnny Depp.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-us-canada-61633236

Could be interesting for Disney next.......

You ran out of steam on the 'tory sleaze' thing then?

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Obviously I am Shocked and Disappointed to find that the worst person on here and the incoherent wrong-about-everything dude are massive Depp stans and men's rights activists, but what's more worrying about this case is the way that the pervasive social-media fuelled misinformation and misogyny has influenced generally reasonable people and suppressed the facts. Depp is a textbook abuser and the pattern of his behaviour depressingly conventional. The extent of the insane misogynistic commentary and pile-on, though, makes the Amanda Knox case look almost rational in comparison, and the damage to victims' ability to speak out is incalculable (which of course is much of the point).

This, with Michael Hobbes, is a useful podcast for those who can't face unpicking it all.

View: https://anchor.fm/cancel-me-daddy/episodes/Deep-Depp-ception-e1j2j8l

OP
OP
C

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
Obviously I am Shocked and Disappointed to find that the worst person on here and the incoherent wrong-about-everything dude are massive Depp stans and men's rights activists,
How the fuck did you get to that from my OP?

I posted up the facts of the result of the case and that makes me a men's right activist and a Depp fan!

Oh, and why is being a men's rights activist an insult, but a women's right activist a cause for celebration?

Top Bottom