A new bandwagon to jump on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

I think most people are quite capable of forming their own opinions about this appalling case without public displays of concern. It's not as though bowing your head at a public event does any good. Nobody is going to change their mind and wake up with a Eureka moment and think " Since I went to the match, I realised that I mustn't kill a six year old today." It's Diana-style grief-lite.
A lot on here seem to think seeing a bunch of footie players kneeling down for 5 seconds achieves something?

Milkfloat

In my eyes it does no harm and it might remind people about the tragic case. By having the case so public there is a chance that if someone suspects that something similar could be happening to another child that they report their concerns.

D

Deleted member 28

And if it doesn't achieve anything, which I don't really think it was meant to, why give a $hit?

If you don't go to football you weren't there and if you do no one forced you to clap.

D

Deleted member 28

It does. When the Kop speaks, it becomes football law - or lore. And the Kop applauds the players en masse as they take the knee now so the matter is closed and you can contribute nothing to it.
Brilliant, look forward to Zero reports of racist abuse towards Footballers in the News from this day forward.

You may live to regret that comment, I don't mind Liverpool as a club but to have that high opinion of yourself is quite bewildering, unless you're taking the pi$$ of course?

Who the f**k are you to tell anyone whether they can contribute to anything anyway?

Laughable.

PaulB

Brilliant, look forward to Zero reports of racist abuse towards Footballers in the News from this day forward.

You may live to regret that comment, I don't mind Liverpool as a club but to have that high opinion of yourself is quite bewildering, unless you're taking the pi$$ of course?

Who the f**k are you to tell anyone whether they can contribute to anything anyway?

Laughable.
My opinion isn't about myself, it's about what happens on the Kop versus....well, you. Solo you. Don't embarrass yourself further.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I dunno about racism, but as a travelling Spur in the 80s Anfield was one of the most likely places to be filled in.

A close second was Man City when they were at Maine Road, partly because the ground was in a grotty area surrounded by alleyways.

The cops would shepherd us along certain ones, which the home thugs knew and were able to position themselves to throw missiles from a distance.

Man Utd was less hazardous, Everton the least hazardous of all, although both were capable of spilling some Yiddo blood when they put their minds to it.

Closer to home, Chelsea and West Ham were always very iffy, Arsenal less so.

Of course, we had our share of nutters, but I always had the impression we lacked the will and firepower to compete with the likes of Liverpool.

Comparable to the teams on the pitch, because we certainly couldn't compete with them there.

One thing's for sure, any fan of those clubs who thinks their fans are all on the side of the angels is in dreamland.

D

Deleted member 28

My opinion isn't about myself, it's about what happens on the Kop versus....well, you. Solo you. Don't embarrass yourself further.
It's not me shouting abuse but it is you professing it will cease due to the mighty Kop 'saying so' I think you may be the one who's embarrassed the next time a report of abuse filters through.

PaulB

It's not me shouting abuse but it is you professing it will cease due to the mighty Kop 'saying so' I think you may be the one who's embarrassed the next time a report of abuse filters through.
I never claimed it would cease at all. Doubtless you were applauding the racist Yorkshireman thinking it vindicated your attempt at an opinion. It didn't. It won't happen at Anfield which, when all's said and done, is all that matters to me.

D

Deleted member 28

I never claimed it would cease at all. Doubtless you were applauding the racist Yorkshireman thinking it vindicated your attempt at an opinion. It didn't. It won't happen at Anfield which, when all's said and done, is all that matters to me.
It does. When the Kop speaks, it becomes football law - or lore. And the Kop applauds the players en masse as they take the knee now so the matter is closed and you can contribute nothing to it.
What's this supposed to mean then?
'It does ' what exactly?

D

Deleted member 28

It won't happen at Anfield which, when all's said and done, is all that matters to me.
You may live to regret that one Sunshine, what's with the 'Folklore ' bollox then?

Top Bottom