Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
738A4343-7027-427D-88BE-C66CFAE2CE55.png

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Count yourself lucky. Utterly, utterly batshit.

Anyone who thinks that having an assault rifle for "recreation" has gone wrong.

At least with archery you need a bit of skill and strength.

They need to at least be consistent with their approach to the constitution. 2A has nothing to do with recreation. It's for protection against government tyranny which ironically enough is a circumstance in which an assault rifle might actually be appropriate.

icowden

Legendary Member
Anyone who thinks that having an assault rifle for "recreation" has gone wrong.

Yeah. I seem to recall an "advert" or meme possibly Australian, to the effect that "if you need a semi-automatic rifle capable of spraying 30 bullets a minute to go hunting - you aren't hunting, you're just massacring animals.

It's just so depressing to realize not matter what we say here nothing will change there, except more future victims and the same hollow responses, no matter which side you listen too.

Or, you know, the US government could grow a bit of spine and tell gun lobbyists to f*cking do one.
You know that by defnition the us system is rigged, too much money to the wrong places, and bitter feuds between republicans and democrats.. and the whole second amendment discussion.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
You know that by defnition the us system is rigged, too much money to the wrong places, and bitter feuds between republicans and democrats.. and the whole second amendment discussion.

No it isn't.

In fact I think that the US has a far better system of checks and balances than a lot of other countries.

The second amendment discussion is a lot more nuanced than a lot of people realise. The US is a vast and diverse country. I'd agree that the pro gun lobby can absolutely get into a bin fire. They should be looking at the Australian model, which has proven to be effective.

Top Bottom