Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
bullet.jpeg

:sad:

D

Deleted member 121

All very psychopathic but frankly, $120 is very cheap for a bullet "resistant" backpack. Technically, a Ghostbusters backpack from the 1980's would resist a bullet, very slightly and even a Greggs Sausage roll. It doesn't mean it will stop it. Bulletproof back packs are at least 3 times the cost and are more bulkier than those in the picture. I suspect the business making them is ripping off desperate and concerned parents and fooling them into a false, marginal sense of security with those for a quick buck. Shameful and typical of the USofA...

Reactions: C R
It's a very scray thought. I mean, none of these shootings seem focussed on any particular area or pocket of society. I would think that any parent who has children at school, or goes to school, or to a shopping mall, would be concerned. I'm not sure if they have a higher percentage of nut cases per capita, or whther we have the same but ours don't have access to the weapons, or a bit of both.

I think (with the help of worldwide media) it is having a knock-on effect though. My son was meeting friends in the woods the other week and I told him the usual; take your phone, behave, phone me in an hour to check in etc. Realising that this was a chat about safety, he replied "I could take a knife in my pocket". I was gobsmacked. So I gave him a lecture on how taking a knife would put him and others in even more danger. But for a 10 year-old to come out with that, made me quite sad I must admit

icowden

Legendary Member
All very psychopathic but frankly, $120 is very cheap for a bullet "resistant" backpack.
Usually things get cheaper when they become popular and mass produced due to demand. I'm not sure that the fact they are cheap is a good thing...

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Usually things get cheaper when they become popular and mass produced due to demand. I'm not sure that the fact they are cheap is a good thing...

Very true, unless there is a fashion or other selling point (like safety) which allows the supplier/manufacturer to maximise the "features" of the supply/demand rule to increase profit, this is, after all, the land of capitalism we are talking about. ;)

Beebo

Veteran
All very psychopathic but frankly, $120 is very cheap for a bullet "resistant" backpack. Technically, a Ghostbusters backpack from the 1980's would resist a bullet, very slightly and even a Greggs Sausage roll. It doesn't mean it will stop it. Bulletproof back packs are at least 3 times the cost and are more bulkier than those in the picture. I suspect the business making them is ripping off desperate and concerned parents and fooling them into a false, marginal sense of security with those for a quick buck. Shameful and typical of the USofA...

A bullet proof pack would weigh far too much for a child to carry, and doesn’t protect even 50% of the child.

matticus

Guru
I'm baffled this debate is actually happening. I assume/hope the commenters know how absurd it is ...

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'm baffled this debate is actually happening. I assume/hope the commenters know how absurd it is ...

To be fair, current rhetoric from 2A absolutists seems to be along the lines of 'well, you tried to get us to give up our guns and you couldn't, so you'd better find another solution'. On current evidence you'd have to concede that they might have a point.

matticus

Guru
To be fair, current rhetoric from 2A absolutists seems to be along the lines of 'well, you tried to get us to give up our guns and you couldn't, so you'd better find another solution'. On current evidence you'd have to concede that they might have a point.

assessing risk/return as a whole, it might be better to send the kids+teachers to take the guns off them by force. No point waiting around in classroooms to be killed!

Top Bottom